/throws a grenade into the forum | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

/throws a grenade into the forum

I honestly haven't watched enough of UVA this season. The couple of times I watched they had long stretches of ineffective offense but were meat grinding the other team with their defense. Then their offense just figured things out and looked like a thing of beauty for 5min and once they got a double digit lead you knew the game was over.

I watch every game possible on any given night. UVA is a top 3 team, at worst. I would argue they are better than UK. Their defense is tops in the nation. They have four juniors who are real good. This is the #1 seed that teams will not want to see in March.

and next year, they will have four SENIORS who are real good. Life is good in Cavalier land right now.

All defense. They will get beat by a team with gunners in the tournament.

Speaking of gunners, Justin Anderson has come out of nowhere to be UVA's best player. He's 36-64 for three on the year. UVA as a team shoots 39% from three.

It's crazy they are undefeated when their starting point guard is shooting 27% from the field for the year.

I watch every game possible on any given night. UVA is a top 3 team, at worst. I would argue they are better than UK. Their defense is tops in the nation. They have four juniors who are real good. This is the #1 seed that teams will not want to see in March.

and next year, they will have four SENIORS who are real good. Life is good in Cavalier land right now.
ok so you both have watched UVA and disagree. Lets move on.

I honestly haven't watched enough of UVA this season. The couple of times I watched they had long stretches of ineffective offense but were meat grinding the other team with their defense. Then their offense just figured things out and looked like a thing of beauty for 5min and once they got a double digit lead you knew the game was over.
I've watched them enough to confidently say that's a good summation of their team in a nutshell. Grinding defense with occasional offensive flourishes and key huge shots by Anderson and Perrantes.

UVA keeps the pace down but they rank higher offensively than defensively. (2nd compared to third, so yes, they are awesome)
They can shoot an they never turn the ball over. Not a bad combo. They could get knocked out early cause anyone can, but i don't know how anyone could have them any lower than second in the country

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom