Ticket Sales - Wake Forest | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ticket Sales - Wake Forest

Axe just tweeted that an SU official told him that they expect high 30s. That's disheartening.

Kind of expected that. We won't be getting to many fans into the dome until we prove that our team can win at home, something they struggled with last year or we somehow get ranked again.

Should be a pretty decent student turnout. BK, are they still giving freshmen free tickets to the first game?

Should be a pretty decent student turnout. BK, are they still giving freshmen free tickets to the first game?

I believe they did. I think the student section will be good. At least what we had for Minny.

I wonder why SU insists on charging for student tickets when many other peer schools do not. It just seems like they're providing a disincentive for students to attend games. If it's about revenue, then raise the student athletic fee as a part of tuition. Perhaps free tickets for students, some who already pay an obscene amount of money to attend SU, will encourage more of them to come to the Dome.

I wonder why SU insists on charging for student tickets when many other peer schools do not. It just seems like they're providing a disincentive for students to attend games. If it's about revenue, then raise the student athletic fee as a part of tuition. Perhaps free tickets for students, some who already pay an obscene amount of money to attend SU, will encourage more of them to come to the Dome.

Those who take an opposite stance say it's only $99 for students for football. While that's true, the product on the field has still yet to return the investment as great as last year was. Students will go out of there way to support basketball because it's fun to be a part of. For basically my entire collegiate career, SU football in the Dome has been miserable. I struggle to blame my peers who don't want to go. (needless to say I haven't missed a game and even survived last year's trip to WVU)

Those who take an opposite stance say it's only $99 for students for football. While that's true, the product on the field has still yet to return the investment as great as last year was. Students will go out of there way to support basketball because it's fun to be a part of. For basically my entire collegiate career, SU football in the Dome has been miserable. I struggle to blame my peers who don't want to go. (needless to say I haven't missed a game and even survived last year's trip to WVU)

And Akron...

LA QUINTA

It would've helped if yesterday folks had been able to buy tickets online. Everytime I went to the site it was down, and more than once redirected me to a Penn State ticket site.

SU just released more tickets to Ticketmaster. The # unsold (per that site) is now up over 6,500, it was just over 5,000 yesterday. Most of the seats they added are in the corners above the Wake section (guess those rabid Deacon fans won't be coming in droves) and the corner in the other end zone, same sideline of the field.

kind of strange ticket master chose prime time game week to do maintenance I would think of many times better than mid day east coast to take the system down.

I realize the SU reach is long on this board... However, anyone that lives within the Syracuse area (and is without physical limitations)... You SHOULD be at the DOME!!!

No EXCUSES!

SU just released more tickets to Ticketmaster. The # unsold (per that site) is now up over 6,500, it was just over 5,000 yesterday. Most of the seats they added are in the corners above the Wake section (guess those rabid Deacon fans won't be coming in droves) and the corner in the other end zone, same sideline of the field.

Ticketmaster has approximately 4500 tickets available for sale as of 8:45 p.m. on Wednesday. Looks like approximately 2000 tickets were sold in the past 24 hours.

23 hours and counting until kickoff !!!

I managed being able to get out of work at 4pm tomorrow. I know I probably won't get good seats, but atleast I get to go to the game now. Whatever # + 2:cool:

Ticketmaster has approximately 4500 tickets available for sale as of 8:45 p.m. on Wednesday. Looks like approximately 2000 tickets were sold in the past 24 hours.

23 hours and counting until kickoff !!!

Doubt they sold 2k today but they may have taken that better off the market to give away as has been rumored.

It will be interesting to see what happened.. all the seats around me just disappeared from being available.. I haven't had anyone sit in my section in 3 years in my row.

It will be interesting to see what happened.. all the seats around me just disappeared from being available.. I haven't had anyone sit in my section in 3 years in my row.

Same thing with me. I sit in Section 210/Row A and there are usually plenty of seats behind me. There are only three seats left in Section 210/Row B and the rest are in the last row under the overhang.

I hope they give away as many tickets as possible!!! The more people in the Dome the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom