Tidbits from the P-S chat today: | Syracusefan.com

Tidbits from the P-S chat today:

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Nolan: Shamarko hasn't practiced all week and may sit out on Saturday, unless he's okay for today's practice. Chandler and Olando Fisher are close to returning. Think the target for Chandler might be next week against Rutgers.

Yup as I noted yesterday Rutgers is the game Id expect him back. Shamarko needs to play regardless if hes practiced or not all week. Without him this week we are in big trouble

Shamarko needs to play regardless if hes practiced or not all week. Without him this week we are in big trouble

Yup. the whole concept of "he'll only play if he practices on Thursday" is complete nonsense. Maybe you shouldn't practice so that you're ready to PLAY on Saturday. Coaches are crazy creatures sometimes that defy logic. Coaches have always done it this way so I'll be follow along...blah blah blah.

Yup. the whole concept of "he'll only play if he practices on Thursday" is complete nonsense. Maybe you shouldn't practice so that you're ready to PLAY on Saturday. Coaches are crazy creatures sometimes that defy logic. Coaches have always done it this way so I'll be follow along...blah blah blah.

Don't you think that coaches need to see if a kid can run or hit before putting him out on the field in full contact? A kid says, "I feel great, coach. I wanna play." A doctor says, "He's not 100%, but he should be okay to play." Don't you still need to actually see it? Until then, you're really just guessing.

Don't you think that coaches need to see if a kid can run or hit before putting him out on the field in full contact? A kid says, "I feel great, coach. I wanna play." A doctor says, "He's not 100%, but he should be okay to play." Don't you still need to actually see it? Until then, you're really just guessing.

I think it would be clear if he could play or not, I think 690 was referencing more the fact that he shouldnt sit out just because he had to miss practice all week in order to be ready for Saturday.

Last thing we need is to see Shamarko plant to turn in pass coverage or come up and stop the run and come up lame. We don't need to spot Toledo 7 points. Fisher coming back would somewhat lesson the blow and would be better than a half speed Shamarko.

hmm. half-speed shamarko might have to actually play conservatively enough and deep enough to not get beat over the top. a little more caution out of him wouldn't be all bad.

I trust the coaches. full confidence in their decision to play a kid vs. my decision. I'm talking about the "rules" around having to practice to play. so outdated.

This ain't the NFL. If he's not medically cleared to practice on Thursday, he doesn't play Saturday.

This ain't the NFL. If he's not medically cleared to practice on Thursday, he doesn't play Saturday.

Lol. I fully understand that. I'm saying it's bunk

I dont think with a hammy that it really matters. if isn't running today he wont be ready to go full speed by sat.. Much better to be ready to go next week then limp thru a game and probably miss 3-4 more weeks..

I dont think with a hammy that it really matters. if isn't running today he wont be ready to go full speed by sat.. Much better to be ready to go next week then limp thru a game and probably miss 3-4 more weeks..

Miles Austin and Arian Foster agree. :)

and a hammy lingers like a son of a bitch, he most likely will be dealing with it for awhile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom