Tim Brando and Bill Raftery will call the Villanova game | Syracusefan.com

Tim Brando and Bill Raftery will call the Villanova game

2-3zone said:
2:00 CBS

Are you sure? I thought i heard ian eagle and greg anthony?

Whenever announcers are brought up I always remember my favorite Al McGuire. And this was my fav SU team as well :) (His call at the end of the game vGeorgia was priceless as well) 'You can't let them take the 3 pt shot, they got the 3 pt shot!' Or something like that...

Last edited:
Not too concerned with the Big East announcers. More concerned about the Big East refs.

large_080313_dn_boeheim-burr.jpg
jim-burr-s-drunken-jig-o.gif
Jim+Burr+NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+Second+qXfKWnydDZfl.jpg

I don't see what the concern is.

They called the Georgetown game at the Dome last year. I guess its cool to get Raf at the Dome once just so he can do his JB routine on air in Syracuse. Brando when he isn't shilling for SEC football is actually an ACC basketball shill him and Mike Gminski call games for the ACC Network and we will likely have call 1 or 2 of our ACC games this year. I am okay with this pairing and hope we do well. If we win this game then we be 2-0 in the Big East standings likely have beaten 2 of the top 4 Big East teams at season's end.

Last edited:
Is there any confirmation on them doing it? I remember hearing Brando say to Greg anthony when they were doing a game last weekend that Ian Eagle and Anthony were doing the game.

I wonder if its Brando w/ Mike Gminski or Bill Raftery. Gminski does ACC games and Raftery does Big East games. Gminski is Brando's partner on ACC games, but Bill Raftery and him did the SU-Gtown game last year. I am betting Raftery so he can go Delmonico's atleast 1 this year as FS1 won't have any SU games in SU, and our other CBS game is @ Miami.

They called the Georgetown game at the Dome last year. I guess its cool to get Raf at the Dome once just so he can do his JB routine on air in Syracuse. Brando when he isn't shilling for SEC football is actually an ACC basketball shill him and Mike Gminski call games for the ACC Network and we will likely have call 1 or 2 of our ACC games this year. I am okay with this pairing and hope we do well. If we win this game then we be 2-0 in the Big East standings likely have beaten 2 of the top 4 Big East teams at season's end.

I believe he mentioned during the MSU-Texas game that Raftery would "be in the house" for Nova. Does Gminski's contract allow him to call regular season games on CBS? I can't remember him ever doing one.

I believe he mentioned during the MSU-Texas game that Raftery would "be in the house" for Nova. Does Gminski's contract allow him to call regular season games on CBS? I can't remember him ever doing one.
He does occasional regular season CBS games. I met him in 2011 at the Syracuse-Georgetown in Washington D.C. that was on CBS and he was nice.
That was the game we won with James Southerland giving us a real needed spark off the bench. Scoop Jardine hit a dagger 3 at the end of the game if I remember correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom