Tim Green resigns as Skaneateles High football coach in midst of recruiting scandal | Syracusefan.com

Tim Green resigns as Skaneateles High football coach in midst of recruiting scandal

loved him as a player- but always thought he was a snob

He sold his teammates out in HS. L'pool football players couldn't stand him. Great player, but a me-first attitude.

Got what he deserved, IMO. And I hear lots more goodies.

Well, now he's available, for the 'fill our coaching staff with alumni' gang.

He needs to talk to the CBA coaches and learn how to recruit and not get caught

I'm assuming the rules are different at CBA since it's a private school right? Or no?

I'm assuming the rules are different at CBA since it's a private school right? Or no?
You can't recruit in high school period. CBA does it in a hush-hush way though and works the system.

Green was too much out in the open and too much of a public figure on the "high school scene" to hide anything.

He really hurt his reputation locally. And over what? Bad decisions on his part all around. What a shame...

Texted from my Droid...

I would be willing to bet that he'd be a great college recruiter -- especially for Syracuse.

He can talk with the best of them, and is obviously an intelligent guy. Can't say anything about his coaching abilities though.

People may have their own opinions of him as a person, but as a recruiter I think SU could do a lot worse than hiring him -- that is, if it's necessary to make any hires.

SU could never hire him as a recruiter now. He has the stigma of a cheater and when caught he quit. ...Oh Wait, SU did hire the SPYGATE guy from New England and Denver and gave him the same job, nevermind. Set Timmy up for an interview ASAP!

He sold his teammates out in HS. L'pool football players couldn't stand him. Great player, but a me-first attitude.
Really? Sold his teammates out in HS? Where do you get this or are you just making it up so you can pile on. I played with Tim and was on those L'pool teams, graduated in 82 with Tim. He was freaking lineman and was 1st team all state 4 years in a row. How exactly does a lineman sell his team out with a "me first attitude?" I'm sure you "hear lots of goodies." There were always people envious of Tim but to say "L'pool football players couldn't stand him" is a flat out fn lie.

Really? Sold his teammates out in HS? Where do you get this or are you just making it up so you can pile on. I played with Tim and was on those L'pool teams, graduated in 82 with Tim. He was freaking lineman and was 1st team all state 4 years in a row. How exactly does a lineman sell his team out with a "me first attitude?" I'm sure you "hear lots of goodies." There were always people envious of Tim but to say "L'pool football players couldn't stand him" is a flat out fn lie.

I know several of his teammates. None of them speak highly of him. Same with two HS head coaches in the area who have told me stories about the Skaneateles approach to this season. The headlines don't lie.

I know several of his teammates. None of them speak highly of him. Same with two HS head coaches in the area who have told me stories about the Skaneateles approach to this season. The headlines don't lie.
just stop. You act this is the first time this happened. It's been going on forever in section 3.

On top of that, in big football states this isn't even news. Happens all the time in CA and its more or less out in the open. See: De LaSalle.

44cuse

You are repeating a bad story. I have heard this at least 5 times from 5 different people. All said exactly what you said. I know this though, I interviewed Tim for an article I wrote. it was about 2 years ago. When given the assignment by my I jumped at the chance. I took an old program from a Syracuse-Navy game I saw in Annapolis for him to autograph. He thumbed through it and commented about the game. We chatted about things, life, family, SU and the NFL. I thought, after the interview, what a great guy. My opinion of Tim, one on one, was of a gentleman and proud SU grad and player. Did he make a mistake? Yes, but don't we all? No reason for you to say what you said and keep the rumor mill moving forward.

He sold his teammates out in HS. L'pool football players couldn't stand him. Great player, but a me-first attitude

15 years ago I worked with a guy that played HS football with Daryl Johnston, never had anything good to say about him. Talking to other guys it became obvious that he was envious as hell that Johnston was playing on Super Bowl teams while he was working as a janitor in a manufacturing facility. That experience taught me to take stuff like this with a grain of salt...and that it really says more about the person telling the tale than it does about the person being described in the tale.

Nodding head at the Tim Green Envy...the guy is accomplished

I'd hire him on the staff in a heart beat...

Bring him on fine, but let him know you can't offer Apts, TVs, and XBoxs in college either.

You can't recruit in high school period. CBA does it in a hush-hush way though and works the system.

Green was too much out in the open and too much of a public figure on the "high school scene" to hide anything.

Serious question: how is it allowable at "schools" like Oak Hill and the like then? They bring in players from across the country year in and year out. Is that not recruiting?

Parochial HS's all over upstate NY have been doing this for years with no consequences. There is a prime example in Syracuse.

Serious question: how is it allowable at "schools" like Oak Hill and the like then? They bring in players from across the country year in and year out. Is that not recruiting?
Schools like oak hill are independent schools. Not governed by the same rules.

Ironically, if Skaneateles does not play, their spot will be taken up by Notre Dame (Utica) -- which, like CBA in Syracuse, had a long history of "recruiting" players from UTica, New Hartford, Whitesboro, etc.

We know a lot of the same people then. Tim was probably the best player as a soph on a team that had Paul Tripoli on it, the best all around athlete I've ever known, and a bunch of seniors that went on to play college ball at all levels. I don't remember ever hearing anyone say they couldn't stand him.