Tim Green resigns as Skaneateles High football coach in midst of recruiting scandal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tim Green resigns as Skaneateles High football coach in midst of recruiting scandal

Does Marrone catch any criticism for being involved with the camp? I'm sure he wasn't involved in the allegations but it sounds like emotions are running high in CNY.

He had a long career for Atlanta Falcons...The SEC should love his "outside the box" approach to recruiting
no - this is the norm everywhere else in America ... and all you have to do is look at CBA in section 3 for others that recruit, or aquinas in rochester, or JD in hoops.

Two things if I may:
1) The Skaneateles SD refused to accept Tim's resignation;
2) How does CBA do it? Very easily. They are a private school and can offer scholarships.

L&B when you say: "Same with two HS head coaches in the area who have told me stories about the Skaneateles approach to this season."

Would you mind informing us all who these two coaches might be? and please elucidate on the "Skaneateles approach to this season" ... kind of a major generalization there I would think. Big umbrella covering everybody in Skaneateles or the majority of the players? I really need to remind people that it was the school district ... not anyone outside the district ... that began the investigation based on complaints from local residents.

Two things if I may:
1) The Skaneateles SD refused to accept Tim's resignation;
2) How does CBA do it? Very easily. They are a private school and can offer scholarships.

CBA doesn't offer athletic scholarships though. So they play the "financial aid" game along with very rich alumni helping out to get kids who could never afford CBA in to school.

CBA doesn't offer athletic scholarships though. So they play the "financial aid" game along with very rich alumni helping out to get kids who could never afford CBA in to school.
I'm sorry... I meant academic scholarships and/or financial aid. They can draw any kid they want from just about anywhere in their allowed area and offer an academic scholarship and/or financial aid ... all they have to do is convince the kid and/or his/her parents that they want to come to CBA.