Tim Tebow Mania | Syracusefan.com

Tim Tebow Mania

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
I bet there are some out there thinking that the Lord has finally sent someone to be a good role model for kids. How long this ride continues we'll soon find out. It has been a nice diversion from all of the other crap, incliding our own Fine Mess.

I say it all spirals downward for Tim & the terrifics starting with Tom Brady/Bill Belichick this Sunday.

I pushed the wrong button and hit the mother lode

I think they win - Broncos D is good enough and the Pats D is bad enough for it to happen.

I really think the Tim Tebow thing is really on it's way to becoming a focal point of this phenomena that has been gradually building over the past decade where "love" and "hate" for a player has less to do with how he acts on the field, less to do with how he acts off of it, and more to do with the fact that people want to be considered "right."

We live in a world with nonstop sports talk tv and radio, death by over-analysis, and the most in-depth prospect rankings and debates that we have ever seen within the casual fan base. I think the biggest thing driving the love/hate relationship between Tebow fans/detractors isn't the religion, throwing motion, wins, media coverage, etc... but mainly because few players split the nation so decisively between people who believed he would succeed vs. people who believed he would fail. Those people want their buddy at the water cooler to pat them on the back and say "good call, Pete."

As far as it all "spiraling downward," that has nothing to do with one game. At this point, Tebow has a future as a QB in this league. If not in Denver, somewhere else. I REALLY think you are looking at an Eli Manning type. Eli is just finally gaining respect from the majority, and looking at his career, that's pretty crazy. The difference is, will Tim turn that corner statistically that Eli did a couple years back, and then have that 2011-type campaign that somehow validates everything that he did in the past?