Time for a lineup shake up | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Time for a lineup shake up

If we want to change the starting lineup the guy to play is Copeland. Benny’s plus/minus stats overall are worse than Taylor and I realize Taylor stinks. Unfortunately all our forwards are a different version of stink.

If we want to change the starting lineup the guy to play is Copeland. Benny’s plus/minus stats overall are worse than Taylor and I realize Taylor stinks. Unfortunately all our forwards are a different version of stink.
Start either Benny or Cope for JT. It might not matter if who doesn’t start is first off the bench, but for God’s sake, STOP starting JT!

I agree with this. But I think this is a pretty big convo because it would mean that lead guard duties will start being more "democratized".

BTW, I'm agreeing with you, just saying.

I don’t understand why Taylor plays more than zero minutes a game.
Red explained that. It seems he may be the only one who understands defensive rotations.
Kid need a couple of break away and FTs to get some confidence

Isn't Cope/Benny one of our worst forward combos in terms of plus/minus?

I thought our new coach hired an assistant that is supposed to be an expert on metrics. If so, you would think he sees the same numbers we see.

Isn't Cope/Benny one of our worst forward combos in terms of plus/minus?
I was saying start Cope for Taylor if that’s what people want. I’m not getting caught up in the Benny discussion.

I was saying start Cope for Taylor if that’s what people want. I’m not getting caught up in the Benny discussion.

I only quoted you because you posted those numbers someplace and I cant find them LOL

I think you said the numbers say that Cope/Taylor is our best forward combo? I just cant find the post lol

I only quoted you because you posted those numbers someplace and I cant find them LOL

I think you said the numbers say that Cope/Taylor is our best forward combo? I just cant find the post lol
It may well be and it was on CBB Analytics. Obviously Taylor has regressed offensively for whatever reason, but he's still solid on the other end so if they want to replace Bell with Copeland I'm fine with it. I'm probably not one of the boards biggest Benny fans so sorry if it seems like I'm skirting around the subject.

I agree Cope should be playing more and we need him basically for the whole 2nd half. I worry playing him too much in the opening few mins of games with how aggressive his defense is. Some of these refs get a little whistle happy. Copeland in foul trouble is a bad news as we saw in FSU game.

Here are the three main Cope-Taylor lineups we've used in conference play (min. 20 possessions). The green/red boxes are percentiles compared to nationally. Main takeaway is that all of them have been monsters defensively, but the offense has been rough with the exception of Judah-QC-JT-Bell-Brown in a limited sample (FWIW that lineup has been by far the best one when JJ sits, whether or not QC and JT have been on the floor together).

2024-02-02_09-50-43.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom