Time for Joba to go... | Syracusefan.com

Time for Joba to go...

AirForceOrange

Hall of Fame
Always thought the Yankees made a mistake keeping Joba and Phil Hughes and let Ian Kennedy go. Although Hughes has been a decent end of the rotation starter and spot long reliever, Ian Kennedy has been much more consistent.

Joba had basically one season where he burst on the scene and was amazing and since has been somewhat of a disappointment and overrated...he has had some out of the clubhouse issues and injuries and now he messes with Mariano?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...yankees-uniform-public-warning-mariano-rivera

In my opnion, if he is not gone by the end of the season, he will not be back with the Yankees next year...he is a free agent after this season. Hopefully it will be cya Joba, don't let the door hit you in your arse on the way out!!

Always thought the Yankees made a mistake keeping Joba and Phil Hughes and let Ian Kennedy go. Although Hughes has been a decent end of the rotation starter and spot long reliever, Ian Kennedy has been much more consistent.

Joba had basically one season where he burst on the scene and was amazing and since has been somewhat of a disappointment and overrated...he has had some out of the clubhouse issues and injuries and now he messes with Mariano?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...yankees-uniform-public-warning-mariano-rivera

In my opnion, if he is not gone by the end of the season, he will not be back with the Yankees next year...he is a free agent after this season. Hopefully it will be cya Joba, don't let the door hit you in your arse on the way out!!

I thought he had a chance to pitch his way into a new contract and perhaps the set-up role next season, but I believe this latest incident eliminates any chance of that happening. Too bad, because he has great talent and can be unhittable at times.

I thought he had a chance to pitch his way into a new contract and perhaps the set-up role next season, but I believe this latest incident eliminates any chance of that happening. Too bad, because he has great talent and can be unhittable at times.

Agreed...but there are three players you don't mess with on the Yankees: Derek, Mo and Andy.

He can be lights out at times...but problem is inconsistency...

Agreed...but there are three players you don't mess with on the Yankees: Derek, Mo and Andy.

He can be lights out at times...but problem is inconsistency...
and he's too injury-prone. But some team will pay him.

It won't happen, but Rivera should be a unanimous first ballot HOFer.

Toronto? I hear/see they may need more players soon!!
As bad as Toronto has been, I'm still reluctant to write them off not quite 25% of the way into the season. Check with me again 81 games in and things might be looking a lot different for many teams in the AL East.

I actually think he will be a first balloter...if any reliever is going to be, it is him...
Mo is definitely going in on the first ballot, but the distaste many writers have for relievers will keep it from being unanimous. Jeter might be a unanimous selection. I think Tom Seaver came closest so far, and he was never going to be unanimous as long as that old crank Dick Young was breathing.

I know this is blasphemy to some...but I think Rivera has been more valuable to the Yankees than Jeter...Don't get me wrong, they are both my two favorite players...

I know this is blasphemy to some...but I think Rivera has been more valuable to the Yankees than Jeter...Don't get me wrong, they are both my two favorite players...
It's sort of like choosing your favorite child.:)