Time for Respite: Give Thanks for What we have... | Syracusefan.com

Time for Respite: Give Thanks for What we have...

arbitragegls

All Conference
...to all a happy T-G. I hope you all are enjoying the holiday with family and friends and somehow knowing all this conference realignment BS really isn't as important as health and peace in the world.

Source has told me an ACC phone call will be made early next week ( Monday or Tuesday)...lots of rumors going around but I think that whatever takes place...and really not sure anyone person knows at this point what the outcome will be--even in the short-term... Possibilities considered range from do nothing right now, to embrace 3 teams coming on board...and one may not be Notre Dame. Interestingly, the #16 does not have any real validity to it...so what happens if two conferences choose to associate with each other...maybe 24 teams...just a thought.

So we should probably enjoy 'Cuse's bball win over Princeton--an academic high last night; a
good win against Temple--an old BE member that is now new; and Friday's bball game against Arkansas--a team that has traveled from conference to conference too.

Perhaps our discussions should be more about Nostradamus as he predicted an end in late December...hey we got a month to go...and so the changing of athletic conferences may/may not be that important. So here is my toast, Jack and Coke, to all 'Cuse fans...best of everything especially in health and peace! Enjoy!

...to all a happy T-G. I hope you all are enjoying the holiday with family and friends and somehow knowing all this conference realignment BS really isn't as important as health and peace in the world.

Source has told me an ACC phone call will be made early next week ( Monday or Tuesday)...lots of rumors going around but I think that whatever takes place...and really not sure anyone person knows at this point what the outcome will be--even in the short-term... Possibilities considered range from do nothing right now, to embrace 3 teams coming on board...and one may not be Notre Dame. Interestingly, the #16 does not have any real validity to it...so what happens if two conferences choose to associate with each other...maybe 24 teams...just a thought.

So we should probably enjoy 'Cuse's bball win over Princeton--an academic high last night; a
good win against Temple--an old BE member that is now new; and Friday's bball game against Arkansas--a team that has traveled from conference to conference too.

Perhaps our discussions should be more about Nostradamus as he predicted an end in late December...hey we got a month to go...and so the changing of athletic conferences may/may not be that important. So here is my toast, Jack and Coke, to all 'Cuse fans...best of everything especially in health and peace! Enjoy!

And thanks to you, arbit! I sincerely appreciate the "nuggets" that you are kind enough to share with the board.

Enjoy the day.

I am giving thanks that I am going off-line for a few days.

I don't like that you're going off line for a few days. Others, yes, you not so much. I like the idea of a web free holiday. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks, Arb..always interesting. As to 24...hmmm

ACC-13
Big 12-10
SEC-14
Big10-14
PAC 10-12

I am giving thanks that after years of instability, we have finally found our way into a stable conference with a strong membership of like minded institutions that have no plans on leaving....

...oh wait

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

The 2 conference thing was my fantasy suggestion the other day of Texas and Notre Dame thinking outside the box. But I included dissolving the conferences and forming a new super conference adding USF, Louisville, Cincinnati, Connecticut 4 divisions of 7 teams, 2 semi-conferences of 14 teams. But that was just a fantasy, no-one but you or I would seriously do anything like that.

Big 10-Pac 12 already tried that with their scheduling agreement. The B1G, SEC, Pac-12 will NOT go over 16. I think you a good poster, and have a Happy Thanksgiving, but your just an optimistic version of me whereas I analyze what is likely to happen rather than put pro-SU spin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom