Time for Scott to go | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Time for Scott to go

Well those guys listed above have all done 1 thing that Shafer hasn't as HC...Proven they can win, and build a program. So there you actually got 2 reasons. Anybody we bring in there isn't a guarantee they're going to win. Doesn't mean you don't take the chance. Especially when the guy here is moving the program in reverse.

Question. What worse can happen if we give him another year.

No, Obviously I don't think he's a great X and O coach. But the guy can recruit, and no doubt he has brought talent in here.

Again. If a change was to occur. Doug Marrone the X's and O's coach with the talent Shafer has brought in would take this program to the next level.

After the last two weeks, I'd consider anyone who can play Madden at the All-Madden level to be an improvement.

And names like these that were mentioned in another thread Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, PJ Fleck, Dino Barbers are not. How do you know any of these guys would win at Syracuse.

I've said if your gonna get a new Head Coach. It can only be on guy. Doug Marrone.
cant-tell-if-serious.png

Some are builders ...some are not. Some are game managers, some are not. Some recruit VERY well against their peers, some cannot. Decent to excellent recruits are not stupid and neither are their parents. They invest considerable time in selecting a school and they take into strong consideration the coach's proven record and his ability to improve the skill set of said recruit. It takes a special talent to build something. There are plenty of "status quo" , likeable coaches around. Few builders on the upswing.

No, Obviously I don't think he's a great X and O coach. But the guy can recruit, and no doubt he has brought talent in here.

Again. If a change was to occur. Doug Marrone the X's and O's coach with the talent Shafer has brought in would take this program to the next level.
A worse record than what we finish this year...

Yes, I'm serious.

If both sides could get over some hurt feelings. Anyway completely new regime with Chancellor and AD. And we know DM will run to where the biggest pay check. And you can trust he would not leave again.

Mid February. Although it would be a dick move as far as the incoming class.

Who is the mastermind on this board that convinced everyone that "this guy can recruit"?

And names like these that were mentioned in another thread Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, PJ Fleck, Dino Barbers are not. How do you know any of these guys would win at Syracuse.

I've said if your gonna get a new Head Coach. It can only be on guy. Doug Marrone.
I'm a shafer supporter but rhule I would take right now. Harsin fleck and doc holiday also

Freaking temple has passed us. Memphis has passed us. Totally unacceptable to me.

Yeah but we are a basketball school...not football schools like those...or Houston. Oh wait, I'm confused. :noidea:

To be fair, recruiting has improved. But, with a IPF, and the ACC, you have to wonder if recruiting would have improved on it's own.
It doesn't hurt that's for sure.

To be fair, recruiting has improved. But, with a IPF, and the ACC, you have to wonder if recruiting would have improved on it's own.
Take a look at the Navy coach, our offensive talent is not a bad fit for that system. I really don't see SU winning our division with Florida kids who have passed on FSU, Clemson and Louisville.

What! The SU game vs FSU from today? We were competitive for a couple drives but they began to dominate us in the 2nd quarter. Even the commentators said FSU was controlling most of the game and we had put ourselves in position to be down by just 1 TD. Then we decided to leave time for FSU to score.

My point exactly. More intelligent clock management plus no stuffhead kick-off leads to the likelihood that we go into the half down by 7points. Not saying we win, but momentum is a tiny bit going our way. Helluva a difference going in down 21-14 vs 28-14.

There are so many coaching openings right now, who the heck do you think we will get ? Shafer has at least another year
Sorry, that is NOT a reason to not fire him. Plus there are guys we can get. There are guys who would LOVE to jump to a Power 5 conference with a brand new IPF to use as a recruiting tool who are probably making less money in their current job. Syracuse isn't a big name job, but its a better job than any MAC head coaching position and a better job than any coordinator position at a big school if the person is looking to jump to be a HC somewhere

I just won my 4th National Champoinship with Syracuse on College Football '14. Granted it took me till year 3 to get to the big dance, still submitting my resume today ;)

You do realize that almost every school in the ACC has an IPF. All the IPF did was bring Syracuse up to the same level facility wise as many of our peer schools in the P5.

I wonder is Doyle has any clout with Chris Peterson? It's not like Washington is a great job.

You do realize that almost every school in the ACC has an IPF. All the IPF did was bring Syracuse up to the same level facility wise as many of our peer schools in the P5.
Which means it's up to him to recruit. The playing field is leveled in terms of affiliation and facilities. He has bottom of the barrel ACC recruiting rankings. No clue what certain people are so excited about.

The reason to give another year is based on optimism that things are getting better.

I understand that this can be subjective, but you have to admit, we don't look a whole lot better than last year.
SU is better than last year in some measures but, as hard as these kids are playing (I'm re-watching the game right now and they are busting their asses), this team is not executing better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom