Time for your final call (10 for 2) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Time for your final call (10 for 2)

Our record and metrics are as good and in some ways better than most of these. So maybe... I like the script the Committee can use to explain why Syracuse is in...6 of 13 losses were to #1 or #2 seeds. That gets them off the hook. Rational answer. To me Marquette is the easiest case for who to leave out (though I still it's ridiculous that St Mary's has only 1 win over a team in the field, played nobody, yet are darlings because people like these mid majors).

I'm honestly so over teams like St Mary's. It's not a Cinderella story if they win a few games. They're not good. They play no one.

They bring nothing to the tournament.

They probably are pretty good, but they really don't play anyone. 13 out of conference games, 8 of them against Ken Pom teams 150 or worse. Ken Pom has their non conf SOS at 285. It's 181 by RPI. Like, don't you need to try a little?

I feel more confident watching CBS as they have us in, are doing the show (TBS) and keep showing us in graphics.

They just showed the resumes of 4 teams and ours matches up VERY favorably numbers-wise against the other 3 (St Mary's, Oklahoma, Marquette)

Especially strength of schedule... 18th! Much better than any of the other 3...

Based on the matrix it’s one spot, Davidson didn’t suddenly put USC back on the bubble. That one spot goes to St. Mary’s or Az St. Everyone else is playing in the NIT. Lunardi may actually get Syracuse correct this time (next 4 out). Syracuse # 2 vs. Harvard or Wagner # 7 first round at the Dome.

I moved USC fro "lock" to uncertain (based on various arguments that I had seen here9. It has zero to do with Davidson. If Davidson had lost, it would be 10 teams for 3 spots.

It doesn’t matter we are the third team out now according to Bees information from last night.

We were the second team out and then Davidson won so now we are third.

Yeah...that's exactly the same as the BracketMatrix(tm). It doesnt necessarily mean it is correct. Someone in that thread said he was clearly joking, and I didnt see a response to that either way. How did this "source" do the the last 2 seasons?

I can't really express how surprised I would be if we were in. We juts didn't look like a tournament team to me.

So which two on that list did look like a tournament team. It's relative criteria, not absolute criteria. None of those teams are head and shoulders above us, but there are certainly a couple that I wouldn't quibble with. (Oh, and those couple don;t include Louisville or Notre Dame!)

So which two on that list did look like a tournament team. It's relative criteria, not absolute criteria. None of those teams are head and shoulders above us, but there are certainly a couple that I wouldn't quibble with. (Oh, and those couple don;t include Louisville or Notre Dame!)
I agree with louisville. We really don't have much to say about ND.

We out.
Some bubble teams and their current odds on 5 dimes.

ASU -245 to miss
Louisville -280 to miss
MTSU -410 to miss
Notre Dame -310 to miss
Oklahoma -420 to get in
Ok State -420 to miss
St. Mary's -265 to get in
Syracuse -585 to miss

Oh ya we done

We out.
Some bubble teams and their current odds on 5 dimes.

ASU -245 to miss
Louisville -280 to miss
MTSU -410 to miss
Notre Dame -310 to miss
Oklahoma -420 to get in
Ok State -420 to miss
St. Mary's -265 to get in
Syracuse -585 to miss

Given that USC has fell below 95% on the matrix, and sound arguments by Alsacs, and Palm having them out, USC is now on my list.

So there are still 2 open spots (Listed in Order of Matrix)
USC
St. Mary's
Arizona St
Louisville
Syracuse
Middle Tennessee St
Oklahoma St
Marquette
Notre Dame
Baylor
Going full homer I'll say Syracuse and then st. Mary's.

My fear is USC and st. Mary's.

That would be a joke if that happened.
Every year there is some straight up BS that happens.

St. Mary's getting in and USC getting in feel like that to me.

Would they really only give one to the PAC 12? Seems unlikely.

St. Mary's was ranked almost all year. Seems easy to justify that inside someone's head. Even though it would be total BS.

St. Mary's was ranked almost all year. Seems easy to justify that inside someone's head. Even though it would be total BS.
I'm getting so tired of hearing about st Mary's every year they go out an play no one ooc then they beat gonzaga once in 3 tries and people go gaga over them.go out and schedule someone if you want a bid.

Ain't that the truth. Every. Single. Year.

ucla is getting in

I'm getting so tired of hearing about st Mary's every year they go out an play no one ooc then they beat gonzaga once in 3 tries and people go gaga over them.go out and schedule someone if you want a bid.
Agree.

I can already see dickie v talking about how unfair it would be if st. Mary's doesn't get in. Another twenty minute rant for the little guy.

The little guy who completely relies on gonzaga to give them the only decent games on their schedule and never goes out and challenges themselves otherwise.

Let's hope we're the bs this year;)

Basketball VS Geeks...

Numbers-wise we probably deserve it. As most of the legit analysts and former coaches who know the game have said...no. We are painful watch...that’s a damn given. What will it be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom