Time frame for move. | Syracusefan.com

Time frame for move.

longtimefan

Hall of Fame
Assuming the proposed marriage is consummated:

There is a 27 month notice period that must be abided. That takes us to mid-December, 2013. Which means 2 more seasons in BE BB, but 3 more seasons in BE FB. That will be uncomfortable (at least) for us and Pitt.

Unless, of course, the rest of the BE totally implodes in the meantime--WVa to the SEC, the remaining BE FB's hooking up with the remains of the B-12, or some such. Would we have to pay the $5M to the left behind BB-onlys?

Assuming the proposed marriage is consummated:

There is a 27 month notice period that must be abided.

Not necessarily.

Who knows if the Big East will still exist in 27 months. Every football school in the Big 12 and BE is looking right now at joining one of the super conferences. There could be a major shakeup before this year is over.

Go Orange!

If I recall correctly the 27 month notice was a part of the 5 year agreement made by the Big East teams after Louisville et al. joined the league. That agreement has expired and was never renewed so I don't know if those provisions still apply.

Okay, I'll bite.

"Not necessarily" why?

there are always ways around things. there was 1 report that said we could start next year, which i doubt. but there are ways out. i believe nebraska is getting out early as is colorado.