Time to fire up the Fine Board - BF suing ESPN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Time to fire up the Fine Board - BF suing ESPN

The title is killing me...I was like What is going on now...

In the court paperwork, Fine indicates he'll sue for defamation and seek undefined damages. The "summons with notice" was filed Nov. 15, 2012, in state Supreme Court in Onondaga County and sat unreported until Thursday, when The Associated Press asked the court clerk for a copy.

And we're just hearing about this 4 months later.

In the court paperwork, Fine indicates he'll sue for defamation and seek undefined damages. The "summons with notice" was filed Nov. 15, 2012, in state Supreme Court in Onondaga County and sat unreported until Thursday, when The Associated Press asked the court clerk for a copy.

And we're just hearing about this 4 months later.

Just like the other stuff came out right before the first round game. This stuff comes out right before the 3rd round game. Can't wait to see what comes out before the 5th round game :)

Just like the other stuff came out right before the first round game. This stuff comes out right before the 3rd round game. Can't wait to see what comes out before the 5th round game :)

The linings in Boeheim's suits are made in China. :D

Bernie Fine needs to sue Marc Schwarz personally. And then his extended family. Bastarrd.

I wonder how ESPN will cover this...
Well apparently they have to refer to themselves in the third person. Espn reports that Bernie Fine to sue Espn.

Not sure I get it. Why would he want to bring this up again? And how many people actually win lawsuits against the media (excluding, of course, the British tabloids)?

Honestly, good. His life is ruined. What's he going to to for a job now? How much money for the rest of his lifetime will he miss out on now? Sue ESPN for millions. Then donate for the Melo center enhancements. I keed I keed

Very risky move by Fine. He will have to take a depo and subject himself to perjury charges. Not saying he is lying but a prosecutor could make the case.

And despite what you said in another thread...prosecutors are not always on the side of angels. ;)

Very risky move by Fine. He will have to take a depo and subject himself to perjury charges. Not saying he is lying but a prosecutor could make the case.

It is risky. The feds didn't file charges but they could only do so for something in the past 6 years. Anything before that, they couldn't do anything. This suit could cause anything prior to that including Davis to be dug up all over again.

It is risky. The feds didn't file charges but they could only do so for something in the past 6 years. Anything before that, they couldn't do anything. This suit could cause anything prior to that including Davis to be dug up all over again.
I don't think it changes anything about the limitations from past 6 years. His risk is a perjury charge that a prosecutor can file now. There is a reason there is something called a perjury trap. On the other hand, I think Mark S. career would be over after a demo on his part. Having an accuser call another accuser instead of the police will not wear well.

what are you living under a goodROC... you see what i did there???

sorry

lame. as. .

Won't be a prosecutor per se but you're exactly right...he's opening Pandora's box. He must be pretty sure there's not much in there

It's not Pandora's box we need to be worried about, but rather Laurie's. Let's hope that doesn't get opened during the course of this.

Sorry really couldn't help myself.