Time to hit the brakes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Time to hit the brakes

I have to smile at both the undue optimism and undue pessimism that I see on this -- and other -- fan sites. When I was a student in the '60s, we didn't have the magazines and websites to base opinions on and didn't know how good any team would be. We just got to campus, heard Ol' Ben's talks and hoped for the best. This year, I want the healthy OrangeMEN to beat the crap out of their opponents. I'll be in my seat at the dome rooting them on! :)

To each his own.

I'm going to floor it, and see how much air I can get over that next hill. And I'm going to keep doing it 'til I crash and burn.

I might even push that nitrous button. We haven't started this well in 20 years. Yeah. I'm getting my car airborne. It's how much you enjoy the ride, that counts.
hazzard-4.jpg

It’s a different year. Things will not be as easy. 9-3 or 8-4 are great benchmarks.

We aren’t world beaters yet and the mental challenge of not being a surprise is real. A different mentality to a program that just has not experienced “it..”

Don’t be frustrated. Program is back. Respected. But margin of error is still small relatively and expectations have escalated.

Clemson takes us to the woodshed, etc...
Week 2 will tell us a lot. If Clemson destroys A&M and we struggle with the terps I think expectations will be recalibrated for that matchup. We need to hope aggies expose something that can be exploited... much the same way we found a chink in Miami’s interior run defense in 1992 when their defense seemed impenetrable. That absolutely influenced Alabama’s game plan.

Last edited:
Week 2 will tell us a lot. If Clemson destroys A&M and we struggle with the terps I think expectations will be recalibrated for that matchup. We need to hope aggies expose something that can be exploited... much the same way we found a chink in Miami’s interior run defense in 1992 when their defense seemed impenetrable. That absolutely influenced Alabama’s game plan.

Maybe Franco but I'd rather SU be the one doing the exposing to Clemson and the Tigers beat A&M by 40 points.

I thought Dino’s press conference was telling. Our start will be dependent on how well we adapt, on offense and defense. We know less about either Liberty or Maryland than they’ll know about us. That will give them some advantages.

Dino expects others to lead the offense as much as Devito...Moe Neal, Adams, Riley, Taj, Trishton, etc. Other than injuries he’s feeling pretty good about things. To paraphrase: “if the kids stay focused we should be ok”...

It’s a different year. Things will not be as easy. 9-3 or 8-4 are great benchmarks.

We aren’t world beaters yet and the mental challenge of not being a surprise is real. A different mentality to a program that just has not experienced “it..”

Don’t be frustrated. Program is back. Respected. But margin of error is still small relatively and expectations have escalated.
Can't agree more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom