Time to refer to Penn State properly | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Time to refer to Penn State properly

I understand your points and will get off my soap box once this is said and done, but again I assure you calling them Ped State is doing absolutely nothing to keep people thinking about the trajedy, I think it has hit that point where nobody could ever forget. Anyone want to do your part I would be happy to give you the name of some great organizations that you could donate to (I am sure many already have since this board had access to many early on I believe) but continuously referring to them as Ped State isn't raiding awareness of child sexual abuse at all. Quite frankly it trivializes it. I think the post below sums it up pretty well, and I fully understand the point was to mock the OP and prbably myself for that matter, but it truly illustrates the point. Using "ped State" as part of this joke to make fun of JPS just shows how desensitized some have come to it. Google image search Ped State today and see if all of the associated pictures are to "keeps the horrific acts that they did to protect their football program front and center." or if it more in the realm of trying to be funny on the average. I dont think this board has really used it improperly all of the time, but as a whole people have turned it into a mockery. Sorry that i am a bit passionate, but I had a long talk with someone effected by something similar and my thoughts now align with his based on that conversation.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/ped-state.41021/#post-477835
If you think what someone calls PSU/Ped St on an internet sports message board has ANY impact whatsoever on anything/anyone, then I'm not sure what to say to you. As you say, 'it has hit that point where nobody could ever forget.' And IMO, nothing said on an internet sports message board can make it worse either.

If you think what someone calls PSU/Ped St on an internet sports message board has ANY impact whatsoever on anything/anyone, then I'm not sure what to say to you. As you say, 'it has hit that point where nobody could ever forget.' And IMO, nothing said on an internet sports message board can make it worse either.

That is fine. it bothers me a bit, no big deal it wont keep me from coming over here. I always saw this board as being one of the more reasonable boards (when our coach isn't leaving). That is why i supported what JPS had to say.

to the point above others have stated that it brings awareness to a horrible trajedy. I rgue that point, and to te idea that nothing could make it worse, I suppose you are right, but in my opinion one thing can make it worse, and that is it being turned into a bit of a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom