Time to stop whining and accept... | Syracusefan.com

Time to stop whining and accept...

njcuse

Scout Team
that this team is what it is. This is not the team we or I'm sure JB expected to see this season. I'm pretty sure he expected Ennis to be at SU for at least two years, and Grant maybe. He couldn't predict losing CMac for the season. Two of these three players available and you have a vastly different SU team. I'm sure JB expected more from TR on the offensive end, and maybe defensive also. Great rebounder, but if he does not start to score more consistently, he is not bringing the game he is capable of. He needs to play with more confidence and ease, and instinct. G picked up two TOs because TR didn't make the natural moves he should have. Now that he is on the court for extended minutes, he has to relax and play the game. I believe he will be very good in time; just hope it does not take too much time, because this team needs him now. I don't know what to make of BJ. I don't see him in practice, but in games he is like the deer in the headlights. This team is not going to win a NC, and may not even make the dance. But as always, I enjoy watching SU bb. I am especially enjoying the emergence of Rak as an offensive force. His moves around the basket this season just astound me. I wonder if someone slipped in his twin brother over the summer. The most impressive junior to season performance I can remember at SU, including Rick. These past few months have brought me the worst sports segment of my life I can remember. The Jets and the Giants sucked. The Nets and the Knicks sucked, SU football sucked, don't care about hockey, pro or college. This leaves me with our current SU bb team, and I will support them with everything I have, but I will not whine because they are not the level of team we have enjoyed for half a decade. Go Orange!!!

My worry is that the crowd will start to boo their team. Especially during the Duke game. I pray it won't happen and that we will do ourselves proud and try to lift this flawed team up. Last night it was very hard when BC started the game by hitting 4 3's. It sucked the enthusiasm out of us, and put in its place - WORRY.

My worry is that the crowd will start to boo their team. Especially during the Duke game. I pray it won't happen and that we will do ourselves proud and try to lift this flawed team up. Last night it was very hard when BC started the game by hitting 4 3's. It sucked the enthusiasm out of us, and put in its place - WORRY.
Yep, I agree. There is a definite possibility it is going to get ugly against Duke and UVa and I hope we don't hear boos and the crowd filing out with 10 minutes to play.

that this team is what it is. This is not the team we or I'm sure JB expected to see this season. I'm pretty sure he expected Ennis to be at SU for at least two years, and Grant maybe. He couldn't predict losing CMac for the season. Two of these three players available and you have a vastly different SU team. I'm sure JB expected more from TR on the offensive end, and maybe defensive also. Great rebounder, but if he does not start to score more consistently, he is not bringing the game he is capable of. He needs to play with more confidence and ease, and instinct. G picked up two TOs because TR didn't make the natural moves he should have. Now that he is on the court for extended minutes, he has to relax and play the game. I believe he will be very good in time; just hope it does not take too much time, because this team needs him now. I don't know what to make of BJ. I don't see him in practice, but in games he is like the deer in the headlights. This team is not going to win a NC, and may not even make the dance. But as always, I enjoy watching SU bb. I am especially enjoying the emergence of Rak as an offensive force. His moves around the basket this season just astound me. I wonder if someone slipped in his twin brother over the summer. The most impressive junior to season performance I can remember at SU, including Rick. These past few months have brought me the worst sports segment of my life I can remember. The Jets and the Giants sucked. The Nets and the Knicks sucked, SU football sucked, don't care about hockey, pro or college. This leaves me with our current SU bb team, and I will support them with everything I have, but I will not whine because they are not the level of team we have enjoyed for half a decade. Go Orange!!!

I'd read this if it wasn't all crammed into one massive paragraph.

I can see fans leaving early if our upcoming home games against tougher opponents get out of hand, however, I'd be quite surprised if there was booing, especially of any significance. The Syracuse community and its fans are generally very knowledgeable about its team, the game of basketball, etc. Though disappointing, I believe that our fans realize this team's obvious weaknesses and shortcomings, lack of ranking, etc., therefore, I don't really anticipate such poor behavior stemming from these probable losses.

Maybe TR would relax and play his game if JB didn't give him a tongue lashing, and take him out of the game every time he makes a mistake.

As a public service, here is the original post in multiple paragraph form. You are welcome.

===

Time to stop whining and accept that this team is what it is. This is not the team we or I'm sure JB expected to see this season. I'm pretty sure he expected Ennis to be at SU for at least two years, and Grant maybe. He couldn't predict losing CMac for the season. Two of these three players available and you have a vastly different SU team.

I'm sure JB expected more from TR on the offensive end, and maybe defensive also. Great rebounder, but if he does not start to score more consistently, he is not bringing the game he is capable of. He needs to play with more confidence and ease, and instinct.

G picked up two TOs because TR didn't make the natural moves he should have. Now that he is on the court for extended minutes, he has to relax and play the game. I believe he will be very good in time; just hope it does not take too much time, because this team needs him now.

I don't know what to make of BJ. I don't see him in practice, but in games he is like the deer in the headlights.

This team is not going to win a NC, and may not even make the dance. But as always, I enjoy watching SU bb.

I am especially enjoying the emergence of Rak as an offensive force. His moves around the basket this season just astound me. I wonder if someone slipped in his twin brother over the summer. The most impressive junior to season performance I can remember at SU, including Rick.

These past few months have brought me the worst sports segment of my life I can remember. The Jets and the Giants sucked. The Nets and the Knicks sucked, SU football sucked, don't care about hockey, pro or college.

This leaves me with our current SU bb team, and I will support them with everything I have, but I will not whine because they are not the level of team we have enjoyed for half a decade.

Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
Original post = Sofia on the left.
Delmar's touch-up = Sofia on the right.

1297266133_sofia-vergara-290.jpg

I am quite capable of paragraphing, but this site does not usually call for it. Sorry if I put a strain on you.

As a public service, here is the original post in multiple paragraph form. You are welcome.

===

Time to stop whining and accept that this team is what it is. This is not the team we or I'm sure JB expected to see this season. I'm pretty sure he expected Ennis to be at SU for at least two years, and Grant maybe. He couldn't predict losing CMac for the season. Two of these three players available and you have a vastly different SU team.

I'm sure JB expected more from TR on the offensive end, and maybe defensive also. Great rebounder, but if he does not start to score more consistently, he is not bringing the game he is capable of. He needs to play with more confidence and ease, and instinct.

G picked up two TOs because TR didn't make the natural moves he should have. Now that he is on the court for extended minutes, he has to relax and play the game. I believe he will be very good in time; just hope it does not take too much time, because this team needs him now.

I don't know what to make of BJ. I don't see him in practice, but in games he is like the deer in the headlights.

This team is not going to win a NC, and may not even make the dance. But as always, I enjoy watching SU bb.

I am especially enjoying the emergence of Rak as an offensive force. His moves around the basket this season just astound me. I wonder if someone slipped in his twin brother over the summer. The most impressive junior to season performance I can remember at SU, including Rick.

These past few months have brought me the worst sports segment of my life I can remember. The Jets and the Giants sucked. The Nets and the Knicks sucked, SU football sucked, don't care about hockey, pro or college.

This leaves me with our current SU bb team, and I will support them with everything I have, but I will not whine because they are not the level of team we have enjoyed for half a decade.

Go Orange!!!
I taught writing for thirty-one years. I am quite capable of paragraphing, but that is not a necessary norm for this site. I doubt anyone reading my post had difficulty following the points I raised. I am impressed with your paragraphing. I would probably grade a B or maybe even a B+.

First of all, if you thought this was a massive paragraph, you must not be much of a reader. Second, it was never intended as a paragraph; just a series of points on a sports site. Were it a business communication, I might have done it as bullets. What you really missed is that my primary concern is with the state of SU basketball. You seem to have a different agenda. If you ever want to challenge me to a writing duel, I'll be happy to oblige.

First of all, if you thought this was a massive paragraph, you must not be much of a reader. Second, it was never intended as a paragraph; just a series of points on a sports site. Were it a business communication, I might have done it as bullets. What you really missed is that my primary concern is with the state of SU basketball. You seem to have a different agenda. If you ever want to challenge me to a writing duel, I'll be happy to oblige.

:: you lost me by about the semi-colon::

I taught writing for thirty-one years. I am quite capable of paragraphing, but that is not a necessary norm for this site. I doubt anyone reading my post had difficulty following the points I raised. I am impressed with your paragraphing. I would probably grade a B or maybe even a B+.

I'm happy with the B. Your post, with or without paragraphing, gets a higher mark than that.

njcuse said:
Oh snap, a writing duel??? Shhhh,it just got real.

Really? I can't fathom any real fan booing. Any boo-er should be tarred and feathered (I'm only half kidding). I may issue a groan once in awhile but I'm still cheering no matter what is happening as I presume all those buying tickets would be. I trust this is all moot as Cuse Will be winning!

We are spoiled, in a bad year, we are 14-5 and have a chance to make the tournament, how many programs can say that?

Really? I can't fathom any real fan booing. Any boo-er should be tarred and feathered (I'm only half kidding). I may issue a groan once in awhile but I'm still cheering no matter what is happening as I presume all those buying tickets would be. I trust this is all moot as Cuse Will be winning!
If anyone in my section started booing, I would climb over other people to get at them. But you know, I'm only one tiny person and can only do so much. I think there will be people at the Duke game who are there for the spectacle and not because they are diehard fans.

And I like your last line: of COURSE we shall be winning! Really, how could I think anything else?!?:oops: