Time to support the program | Syracusefan.com

Time to support the program

richmondcuse03

All Conference
I haven't lived in Syracuse since school so I don't make it to as many games as I'd like. But the recent thread about donations and whether the school does a good job recruiting donors etc made me realize if we want to be a winner in football, we have to stop complaining about the school's commitment and force it upon them.

So yesterday morning (before the game as I was feeling deliriously optimistic) I donated $1,000 to the athletic program and specifically selected the football program. If I can't be there in person and buy tickets, I should be doing my part from afar and supporting Dino yearly just the same. I was guilty of complaining too much (fair or not) rather than supporting a solution.

There's absolute no reason the local fans shouldn't attend the games or support the program in whatever way possible. But more importantly, alums need to do their part, whether locally or from afar. We have a perfect system coach for our dome and we need to send an even louder message that we want a sustainable winner.

I haven't lived in Syracuse since school so I don't make it to as many games as I'd like. But the recent thread about donations and whether the school does a good job recruiting donors etc made me realize if we want to be a winner in football, we have to stop complaining about the school's commitment and force it upon them.

So yesterday morning (before the game as I was feeling deliriously optimistic) I donated $1,000 to the athletic program and specifically selected the football program. If I can't be there in person and buy tickets, I should be doing my part from afar and supporting Dino yearly just the same. I was guilty of complaining too much (fair or not) rather than supporting a solution.

There's absolute no reason the local fans shouldn't attend the games or support the program in whatever way possible. But more importantly, alums need to do their part, whether locally or from afar. We have a perfect system coach for our dome and we need to send an even louder message that we want a sustainable winner.

I would suggest donating before the Miami and FSU games too. Seems like a fair price to me.

Pay whatever it takes to keep Dino for as long as he wants to coach, upgrade, the facilities, and fans get to the games. This is our shot! We’ve been waiting almost 2 decades for it. Don’t blow it this time! We could have an awesome run in front of us!

I'll add they make it easy to donate as little as much as you want. Spread it out over 12 months. Show Dino we want and need him here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom