Timing of Staff Changes | Syracusefan.com

Timing of Staff Changes

javadoc

All American
If there are to be any changes, when would they be announced? Are there any official considerations that require our assistants to be on staff at this point, to close out the season?

Would we announce the firings before anyone new is lined up? I would assume so. Get the guys out as early as possible so they can look for work elsewhere, if Marrone doesn't line them up with something himself.

A great benefit of having the recruiting class full at this point is we don't have to worry as much about whether staff changes will affect a large number of open spots still being recruited. But I guess we'd be releasing guys who aren't heavy on the trail, as it were, in the first place.

soon. coaches convention is january or february and you either want it set by then or at the same time. after that, all the good ones have been taken.

soon. coaches convention is january or february and you either want it set by then or at the same time. after that, all the good ones have been taken.
Also gives the new assistant time to relocate his family and begin to familiarize himself with his position players prior to spring camp.

Generally speaking, there is usually turnover after a disappointing season. Any speculation on which coaches are on the hot seat?

No point in holding on to coaches you know you are going to release anyway, but the availability of replacements from the BCS ranks may be limited due to teams preparing for Bowls.

Any chance on Neuheisel as OC? That would be cool.

I know a lot of people on here want to see Hackett go - I wouldn't be surprised at all if he remains on the staff.

I know a lot of people on here want to see Hackett go - I wouldn't be surprised at all if he remains on the staff.
A factor here is Marrone's perceived safety. He's got two years on his contract, but if you listened to the more vocal people here, he is going to be fired next year if we aren't "successful." Who is going to want to take a job in that environment? Some of the dream names that folks are tossing around aren't going to take a sniff at that.

A factor here is Marrone's perceived safety. He's got two years on his contract, but if you listened to the more vocal people here, he is going to be fired next year if we aren't "successful." Who is going to want to take a job in that environment? Some of the dream names that folks are tossing around aren't going to take a sniff at that.
exactly... Nick Saban is not coming to the hill... As such, who are we getting that will fix the problems we have had for years quicker than our current staff could? That miracle worker is not even in the discussion... Urban Meyer was not waiting for the SU job...

January 8-11, San Antonio, Texas

Would be interesting that if, and that's a big IF, Marrone were canned in a few years, if SU would give the HC job to Schaffer.

exactly... Nick Saban is not coming to the hill...
At least not in the capacity of an assistant - he's already done that! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom