Tin foil hat time - ESPN conspiracy theory | Syracusefan.com

Tin foil hat time - ESPN conspiracy theory

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Seems weird to me that nobody has asked the question on ESPN as to why Boeheim flipped out and was so upset. The line has been that it's unusual for him, but he's competitive and just lost his head.

That's a company line.

Yesterday I just happened to listen to Cowherd a little bit. He had Dakich on to "defend" Jim Boeheim. It wasn't much of a defense. Mostly he just said we should give Boeheim the benefit of the doubt because he's never blown up like that, but he kept alluding to a statement along the lines of "who knows why he did what he did, but I think Jim may have had some motivation for it." He threw that teaser out several times and Cowherd never followed up on it. Seems odd. It was similar on Mike and Mike, and similar on everything else related to it. The discussion centers around how Boeheim lost his cool, and nobody is asking why that happened.

And then it hit me - ESPN has given a directive that the discussion cannot be centered around the officiating. Boeheim needs to be the story. They don't want home cooking at Duke to be the story.

I think people were just so shocked to see him act like that, I don't think it was anything more than having a really bad call go against you, in a game that you really wanted.

Seems weird to me that nobody has asked the question on ESPN as to why Boeheim flipped out and was so upset. The line has been that it's unusual for him, but he's competitive and just lost his head.

That's a company line.

Yesterday I just happened to listen to Cowherd a little bit. He had Dakich on to "defend" Jim Boeheim. It wasn't much of a defense. Mostly he just said we should give Boeheim the benefit of the doubt because he's never blown up like that, but he kept alluding to a statement along the lines of "who knows why he did what he did, but I think Jim may have had some motivation for it." He threw that teaser out several times and Cowherd never followed up on it. Seems odd. It was similar on Mike and Mike, and similar on everything else related to it. The discussion centers around how Boeheim lost his cool, and nobody is asking why that happened.

And then it hit me - ESPN has given a directive that the discussion cannot be centered around the officiating. Boeheim needs to be the story. They don't want home cooking at Duke to be the story.
that's why you have to flip out during the game. the network carrying the games isn't going to really entertain a conversation about whether the officiating is legitimate.

That's a company line.

Its no different than what ESPN did with Tim Tebow, Bernie Fine, Michael Sam or other stories that they lock into an angle and brow beat you to death over and over again with it.

I loved how Doris Burke on 2 broadcasts after the SU-Duke game at the Dome kept bringing up the fact that Rak Christmas should have been called for a foul on Rodney Hood at the end of our first game and said if Duke got that call people would be complaining all day long. She said that exact phrase during the BC-Duke and SU-Pitt games. However, I can guarantee she won't mention that terrible charge call at the end of this past game because it doesn't fit her narrative. All teams get calls at home its human tendency unless your Tim Higgins to let the home crowd pressure refs into making calls for the home team.

All boeheim did was say "that's bullshitt" like 6 times. I have seen worse at a modified game.

People have become so weak and pansy that this is somehow considered crazy and irrational.

Give me a break. Dude was mad. No one got hurt and he didn't even call that dude "a walking talking bag of shitt." Which is what I would have called him (probably worse).

People want to see irrational? Put a hidden camera in my living room on gamedays.

Seth Greenburg last night rendered his opinion. Saying that JB seldom ever (even with his achievements) gets talked about in the media as being one of the best coaches out there. Saying you hear Coach K, Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, etc. all the time, but never Boeheim. And, with 'Cuse's first year in the ACC, to beat Coach K twice in a regular season would be a feat that many just hadn't accomplished. As much a JB and K are very close, Greenburg opined that that was a big deal for Jimmy.

All boeheim did was say "that's bullshitt" like 6 times. I have seen worse at a modified game.

People have become so weak and pansy that this is somehow considered crazy and irrational.

Give me a break. Dude was mad. No one got hurt and he didn't even call that dude "a walking talking bag of shitt." Which is what I would have called him (probably worse).

People want to see irrational? Put a hidden camera in my living room on gamedays.

I would pay to see that.

I would be embarrassed if there was video footage available on me. Witness protection esque

Again, I mentioned this in a previous post. Think of some of the antics and tantrums that Rollie, Louie, JT2 & JB used to come up with. It's a different time. Even Pete Carill, who was like 106 would be putting on a show. Constant media coverage just amplifies everything to the point of absurdity...

Seth Greenburg last night rendered his opinion. Saying that JB seldom ever (even with his achievements) gets talked about in the media as being one of the best coaches out there. Saying you hear Coach K, Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, etc. all the time, but never Boeheim. And, with 'Cuse's first year in the ACC, to beat Coach K twice in one regular season, would be a feat that many just hadn't achieved. As much a JB and K are close, Greenburg opined that that was a big deal for Jimmy.
those guys have multiple titles. boeheim needs to win more than 1 title. i still think he will.

16 coaches have made 4 final fours with 1 title.

if he makes another final 4 and wins it, he's in a club with 8 others (5 final 4s, 2 titles)

3 titles and 6 final 4s would put him in the group with rupp, k, wooden, knight ahead of pitino and williams.

not saying this is the only measuring stick but i really want him to get that second one for him. lots of guys have won just one

It is because espn is a bunch of drama queens who are trying to be more like tmz everyday. They actually have a photo up of Jim and marcus smart, with the title biggest blowup.

I loved how Doris Burke on 2 broadcasts after the SU-Duke game at the Dome kept bringing up the fact that Rak Christmas should have been called for a foul on Rodney Hood at the end of our first game and said if Duke got that call people would be complaining all day long. She said that exact phrase during the BC-Duke and SU-Pitt games. However, I can guarantee she won't mention that terrible charge call at the end of this past game because it doesn't fit her narrative. All teams get calls at home its human tendency unless your Tim Higgins to let the home crowd pressure refs into making calls for the home team.

I still don't get it. Last night during half time of our game, Rece Davis said at the end of their segment, 'Cuse got the decisive call in the first game, Duke got it in the second game... First, there was no call made in the first game, it was a play on, so there wasn't a statistical call made. Additionally, Rak's hand was in a vertical position at the rim, it wasn't moving in any direction and had every right to be there. Hood was the one who initiated the contact by his dunk attempt. It's clear as day, totally miffed as to why so many of the pundits see it differently...the footage speaks for itself...

I still don't get it. Last night during half time of our game, Rece Davis said at the end of their segment, 'Cuse got the decisive call in the first game, Duke got inagreementit in the second game... First, there was no call made in the first game, it was a play on, so there wasn't a statistical call made. Additionally, Rak's hand was in a vertical position at the rim, it wasn't moving in any direction and had every right to be there. Hood was the one who initiated the contact by his dunk attempt. It's clear as day, totally miffed as to why so many of the pundits see it differently...the footage speaks for itself...
100% in agreement. That's how defense should be played and how Hood should have played it against Fair ( You know ,preseason player of the year for the ACC and certain All-American). Instead , Hood played cheap D , and would have been thrown off a good playground game for trying to get that call.

During the SU-MD halftime show, Seth G and Jay W also talked about JB and not the play itself. Media in general does not tend to emphasize stories about bad officiating. This is why I think is was good that JB made a scene - higher awareness might help in the future, can't hurt to try.

BTW, live, I thought it was a block on Hood, on replay I think it could have gone either way. The reason why I think the call was so bad was that earlier the refs called G for blocking on a blatantly obvious charge by Parker, you better not call that charge on CJ after that.

That's a company line.

I still don't get it. Last night during half time of our game, Rece Davis said at the end of their segment, 'Cuse got the decisive call in the first game, Duke got it in the second game... First, there was no call made in the first game, it was a play on, so there wasn't a statistical call made. Additionally, Rak's hand was in a vertical position at the rim, it wasn't moving in any direction and had every right to be there. Hood was the one who initiated the contact by his dunk attempt. It's clear as day, totally miffed as to why so many of the pundits see it differently...the footage speaks for itself...

Exactly Raks hand was underneath Hoods arm, not on top.

I still don't get it. Last night during half time of our game, Rece Davis said at the end of their segment, 'Cuse got the decisive call in the first game, Duke got it in the second game...

Reece Davis is a complete a$$hat. Can't stand that guy.

Seth Greenburg last night rendered his opinion. Saying that JB seldom ever (even with his achievements) gets talked about in the media as being one of the best coaches out there. Saying you hear Coach K, Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, etc. all the time, but never Boeheim. And, with 'Cuse's first year in the ACC, to beat Coach K twice in a regular season would be a feat that many just hadn't accomplished. As much a JB and K are very close, Greenburg opined that that was a big deal for Jimmy.
I like Greenberg more and more.

Don't agree with your take on Boeheim...but you've hit on a BRILLIANT idea for a reality segment.
If ESPN reads this they'll be putting cameras into fans' living rooms and showing live reactions.
This will happen.
Just a matter of time.

Don't agree with your take on Boeheim...but you've hit on a BRILLIANT idea for a reality segment.
If ESPN reads this they'll be putting cameras into fans' living rooms and showing live reactions.
This will happen.
Just a matter of time.

I would be committed to the looney bin if that were the case

I would be committed to the looney bin if that were the case
After last night, you'll have a lot of company in that bin.

But it will happen.
Someone will do it.
Actually...you'd need a delay to bleep the language and avoid the vile gestures.
But I can see it now as the new standard transition out of the commercial break back to the broadcast.

I believe that the real story is not the "charge" call on Fair but the blocking foul on Gbinije. If both had been called the same way, I doubt that JB would have done anything. The media refuses to look at and talk about the should-be Parker charge.

This will happen.
Just a matter of time.

If they do they will see freak outs way more epic than JB's. I'm pretty sure when that call was made I jumped three feet in the air and spewed forth a string of profanity that the father in a Christmas Story would appreciate. I am thankful that the 6 year old fell asleep on the couch and did not wake up. I'd have a real hard time describing what a mother-f@@ker is.

If they do they will see freak outs way more epic than JB's. I'm pretty sure when that call was made I jumped three feet in the air and spewed forth a string of profanity that the father in a Christmas Story would appreciate. I am thankful that the 6 year old fell asleep on the couch and did not wake up. I'd have a real hard time describing what a mother-f@@ker is.
See...I'm telling you...this is great television.
It's a potential career-making idea for whoever makes it happen.

I picked my computer chair up and slammed it back down. Blew all 5 wheels off.