Tired of This | Syracusefan.com

Tired of This

Nicknack

All Conference
I'm sick and tired of reading about "oh, we're doomed" or "all you have to do is this..." or other crap. I invite wholeheartedly another team thinking that the recipe for beating us is doing what we do to them and that is play the 2-3 against us.

The fallacy with that notion is that the majority of teams in basketball cannot execute the zone to the point that it positions us towards a loss. If it did, duh... don't you think that EVERY team would do it? The reality is that hardly many other teams can. Even Gtwown really wasn't that successful... it took Otto (yeah not our Otto) to win and it really came down to those damn 3's and a career night. It also took our guards having a very poor outing. I'm not trying to take away from what Gtown did, because they did play well defensively, but offensively, we were not up to par or even close to to it and we were still a couple baskets here or there from winning.

Yeah, we don't have that dominant post-up player to kill the zone, but I really like Fair and our "normal" guard penetration in busting it. I also continue to like our chances to go deep as I did before this game. Remember, this was against a very hot team (perhaps the hottest in the country right now) and Otto going off like he never has before.

We are a very good team and we will likely lose another or two before March Madness. However, that means nothing until the field of 68 (or whatever it is now days) plays. While I don't predict that we are final four material, at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up there either. EVERY team in college basketball this year has looked very beatable... it's just a matter of gelling at the right time. I'm still all in!

we are not a very good team- a very good team doesnt disappear on a regular basis-

the way this team executes on offense tells you as much-

and if a big doesnt wake up and start contributing-this is a 1 and done team

The season isn't over. Every season there is a somewhat surprise team in the F4. Who had LVille making it last year? With the right draw, we can do it.

That being said, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Has anyone watched college basketball this year? Other then Indiana what teams doesn't have glaring holes? Even Indiana has shown they are more then beatable. No matter who we play we will not be a significant under dog and have just as good a shot as anyone of going deep into the tournament . There are very few good shooting teams. Our zone alone will give occ teams fits

We are not "doomed", we're simply not as good or deep as we were for the past 3 years. If one player is having an off night, we don't have a Dion or Chris to come in off the bench. Last year when Fab was eligible, I truly believed that we could and would beat any team in the country. This year we are capable of beating most teams but we need all of the starters playing and shooting their best. If Brandon or James misses a couple of early shots, it often makes for a long night.

At this point of the season, for me anyways, I am just looking to get out of the BE with a 3 seed in the NCAA's. I would take this in a heartbeat and then take my chances with a favorable draw.
I would also. worked pretty well 10 years ago. With that said, i think a 3 seed is going to be tough. It would likely require only one more regular season loss and win a couple in the BET. If we end up the 4 or 5 seed (which unfortunately is quite possible) it will be tough. The one good thing we have going for us is that our computer number will get better and with the schedule we have left. Big week ... if we can find a way to go 2-0, then I think we will be looking good.

I would also. worked pretty well 10 years ago. With that said, i think a 3 seed is going to be tough. It would likely require only one more regular season loss and win a couple in the BET. If we end up the 4 or 5 seed (which unfortunately is quite possible) it will be tough. The one good thing we have going for us is that our computer number will get better and with the schedule we have left. Big week ... if we can find a way to go 2-0, then I think we will be looking good.

A Four seed wouldnt be the end of the world assuming we are not playing Indiana in Indianapolis. Of course we would need to make it out of the first weekend as well.

With that said, i think a 3 seed is going to be tough. It would likely require only one more regular season loss and win a couple in the BET.

I'm not sure about this. If we finish 3-1 that gives us 2 wins over Louisville, Marquette, and Gtown. One of those, at least, on the road. Then 2 wins in the BET puts us in the finals, and we've beaten at least another tournament team. I think we can get to the 3 seed with less than that.

A Four seed wouldnt be the end of the world assuming we are not playing Indiana in Indianapolis. Of course we would need to make it out of the first weekend as well.
I agree. The way the #1s are lining up this year, I wouldn't mind it either other than Indiana. I would rather play Miami as a #1 than Kansas as a #2.

we're simply not as good or deep as we were for the past 3 years.
I get what you're saying, but I still think this year's team is better than the '11 team.

If you don't make shots, you don't win a game. Otto Porter made shots, and we mostly did not. One game; end of discussion and on to the next game.

Who actually, literally says "we're doomed?" If we lose, people talk about it. It's human nature. I'm certain that if you drive somewhere and arrive without incident, you don't go on and on about how insignificant the drive was. But, you get stuck in traffic or witness an accident, and you're going to talk about it. People vent. It shows they're passionate about the team. I'd rather have that than apathy when we lose the biggest game since 03.

You're contradicting yourself. Saying that zoning against us isn't a recipe, and then saying that it did happen... but then saying that our players' woes weren't because of it... Which is it? If our players didn't play well, and they were playing against a zone, then is it the same for our opposition? You're asserting that only the way we play it has an effect on the opposition?

Saying that it took Porter to win is a ridiculous statement. They beat us because they were tougher and better prepared than we were.

If you don't make shots, you don't win a game. Otto Porter made shots, and we mostly did not. One game; end of discussion and on to the next game.

We didnt not make shots... We took horrible shots.

Who actually, literally says "we're doomed?" If we lose, people talk about it. It's human nature. I'm certain that if you drive somewhere and arrive without incident, you don't go on and on about how insignificant the drive was. But, you get stuck in traffic or witness an accident, and you're going to talk about it. People vent. It shows they're passionate about the team. I'd rather have that than apathy when we lose the biggest game since 03.

You're contradicting yourself. Saying that zoning against us isn't a recipe, and then saying that it did happen... but then saying that our players' woes weren't because of it... Which is it? If our players didn't play well, and they were playing against a zone, then is it the same for our opposition? You're asserting that only the way we play it has an effect on the opposition?

Saying that it took Porter to win is a ridiculous statement. They beat us because they were tougher and better prepared than we were.

This post > original post

Who actually, literally says "we're doomed?"

The 50 nonsensical agenda driven and over the top threads that were deleted.

Look realistically this is not one of JB's better teams, we're like the old Georgetown teams can't put the ball in the ocean, but play close games because of defense. We might end up a 4 or 5 seed it doesn't matter with this team, we have a puncher's chance, but need at least 2 of 3 of Triche, MCW, and Southerland to be hot in the tournament to win games.

Look realistically this is not one of JB's better teams, we're like the old Georgetown teams can't put the ball in the ocean, but play close games because of defense. We might end up a 4 or 5 seed it doesn't matter with this team, we have a puncher's chance, but need at least 2 of 3 of Triche, MCW, and Southerland to be hot in the tournament to win games.

good point.

and a nice excuse to root for the team no matter what happens the next 5+ games.

roll the eyes at the 50 nonsensical people who say that.

We didnt not make shots... We took horrible shots.
Agree, they were playing with too much emotion and it looked like they were thinking longer than usual shots at the beginning of a possession would break the hoya's back. Georgetown took their time with their possessions while limiting the number of our's. I don't know how many times I threw an f bomb at the tv when Southerland caught the first pass from MCW and fired a quick shot from 6 ft past the arc.
No matter how bummed I am about the way we played and the outcome...Georgetown still SUCKS!

I get what you're saying, but I still think this year's team is better than the '11 team.
Being a fan of this program has become a chore with all these crappy teams JB has been running out there lately. When are we going to get some real players around here? When is JB going to win a big game? I expect to see future NBA all-stars winning national championships, at least every couple of years. Is that too much to ask?

I would have liked to have read those... Maybe then, by contrast, i'd be seen as more of a 'moderate.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom