TJ Warren ACC player of the year... | Syracusefan.com

TJ Warren ACC player of the year...

Well, there goes any hope Ennis had of getting rookie of the year.

EDIT: and now I see that release makes it official, Parker is the FR of the year. Bennett coach of the year, McDaniels defensive POTY.

Cheriehoop said:
Can coaches vote for themselves? :rolleyes:

With 77 ballots I dint think it was coaches but done by media?

Maybe it is someone not from Pitt that wants Dixon to stay there for competitive reasons.

LOL, who the heck would vote for Dixon?? Is this a media vote? With 77 votes being talked aout, it must be, right?

A player like Ennis shows the risk of a back loaded schedule. If we lost one game per month, he'd be competing for POY or at least ROY with the same numbers. But since now, in everybody's mind, Syracuse is a sub .500 program, he is thrown on the junk pile. (Of course that didn't stop Warren from getting POY so who knows what is going on).

Same thing with JB. The current thinking is: He took the pre-season ACC POY and 2 lottery picks and went 2-4 in conference. Junk pile!!

Parker's a great player, but most of this is tobacco-road BS. I'd write it all on the locker room chalk board, and remind them what it's like to play us at full strength in Greenacres (or wherever it is).

Even if we'd beaten Virginia and won the league, there's exactly zero chance JB was getting COY after the Duke incident. Bennett deserves COY and Parker FOY but Warren?

I agree with all of the choices. Va won the regular season and Bennett did a great job leading them. Parker is tough and is deserving. Warren has been a monster. I don't care what team he plays for, he had a super season. As far as Dixon getting a vote, who cares?

I'm okay with all of them, except I think the Ennis vote could have been much closer. Is he not the only freshman in ACC history to lead in assists and steals. Pretty impressive.

I agree with all of the choices. Va won the regular season and Bennett did a great job leading them. Parker is tough and is deserving. Warren has been a monster. I don't care what team he plays for, he had a super season. As far as Dixon getting a vote, who cares?
who cares? You are right in that in the long run it doesn't matter. However, it is just so ridiculous that there is someone out there that has a vote on such things, that looked at this season and said yep, Jaime Dixon deserved coach of the year.

who cares? You are right in that in the long run it doesn't matter. However, it is just so ridiculous that there is someone out there that has a vote on such things, that looked at this season and said yep, Jaime Dixon deserved coach of the year.

Yes, it is ridiculous! If one lets something like that push their button, life is going to be tough. Maybe I could have worded it a bit better. My thoughts were that only first place means anything.

How did Larranaga get a vote? I know they lost a lot, but they finished 10th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom