TJ Warren ACC player of the year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TJ Warren ACC player of the year...

Some of that COY voting is a head-scratcher. In addition to Dixon, Brownell of Clemson got a vote. Anyone who saw them blow a 5-point lead with 4.4 seconds to play on Sat vs. Pitt would question that. And Roy Williams, who had to limp along with only about 4 McD's got 6 votes. Maybe if SU had started 1-4 and then run the table, JB would have received a handful of votes.

19-12 (9-9). Hardly "awful."

Losses to NC Central and by 30+ to TN, no quality wins to speak of. But by their standards that's actually a good year for them, so you might be right.

I wonder how "Conspiracy State" is going to spin it?

They've been belly aching all year that Warren has not gotten his just recognition...

I wonder how "Conspiracy State" is going to spin it?

They've been belly aching all year that Warren has not gotten his just recognition...

Easy. Swoff gave orders to the media to vote for TJ as a way to cover his tracks...let them win a POY award to keep them quiet so the anti-NC State conspiracy can continue again next year.

Easy. Swoff gave orders to the media to vote for TJ as a way to cover his tracks...let them win a POY award to keep them quiet so the anti-NC State conspiracy can continue again next year.

Next year??

I was thinking they lose first round in the ACC tournament on reasonably evenly-called game which = complete and deliberate sandbag job against State by the refs (...inside the the State bubble, of course.)

Next year??

I was thinking they lose first round in the ACC tournament on reasonably evenly-called game which = complete and deliberate sandbag job against State by the refs (...inside the the State bubble, of course.)

...Or better yet, Warren gets in into foul trouble and has to site large portions of the game and they lose... would be like Vesuvius erupting...

Let's just win the ACCT and show everyone who the real class of the ACC now is. JB not getting one vote speaks volumes as to how welcome we really are in the ACC. I hope this serves as motivation for the team moving forward.

Janie Dixon? What did he vote for himself?

ESPN radio in Raleigh just slammed that vote. After the initial rip, ended with "did that voter stop watching college basketball in the middle of January?" Good stuff.

This bias is reminiscent of the lacrosse AP voting.

Would be interesting to see which geographical regions are represented in the voting.

What does this mean? According to wikipedia it says that voting changed in 2012-2013 for both Player of the Year and Coach of the year in the ACC. "The award is granted to the head coach voted to be the most successful that season by members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association,[1] and since the 2012–13 season has also been awarded in separate voting by the league's coaches.[2]"

Maybe I'm thick (ok so it's not maybe) but what are they saying here - is it the media voting or media and coaches - or just coaches? It says the same thing for Player of the Year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference_Men's_Basketball_Coach_of_the_Year

CJ a distant 4th. But now that the tournaments are starting, would the real POY (or maybe more appropriately POT) please stand up.

Even if we'd beaten Virginia and won the league, there's exactly zero chance JB was getting COY after the Duke incident. Bennett deserves COY and Parker FOY but Warren?
Maybe JB should have gotten COY for having the guts to call out incompetent officiating.

Parker got 72 of 77 ROY votes.

Biggest joke was COY. JB didn't get a single vote while Dixon even got 1.
See JB getting 2 Ts on Feb 22!!!! He will be the coach everyone loves to hate in the ACC.

Parker got more votes for DPOY than Ennis. What a joke
Surprised that Parker completely out ranked Ennis (only 4 votes) on ROY. Almost like there was a "plan" on how to vote - POY vs ROY!! Warren had an impressive season. Can you imagine where NC State would have ended up without TJ Warren?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom