TMZ questions Melo about playing with Le Bron & the Lakers | Syracusefan.com

TMZ questions Melo about playing with Le Bron & the Lakers

My (pretty safe) bet -- all parties end up staying put at their current teams.

I would love to see Melo and Kobe on the same NBA team, just to see how quickly the two of them could demolish all team chemistry. They'd probably get in an on-court fist-fight within the first 2 weeks of the season.

I would love to see Melo and Kobe on the same NBA team, just to see how quickly the two of them could demolish all team chemistry. They'd probably get in an on-court fist-fight within the first 2 weeks of the season.
Except they are very good friends.

I think the biggest issue, if this were to happen (which I don't think it will) would be how Kobe deals with the fact that he is getting older, and especially coming off the achilles injury, is almost certainly not going to be the player he used to be

You can't have 3 max players under the new CBA (See the Heat and their luxury tax issue). So how are the Lakers going to sign Melo, Kobe & Lebron? And that is a worse 3 than Bosh, Lebron & Wade...

You can't have 3 max players under the new CBA (See the Heat and their luxury tax issue). So how are the Lakers going to sign Melo, Kobe & Lebron? And that is a worse 3 than Bosh, Lebron & Wade...

The response is probably two fold

A) It's not going to happen
B) The Lakers would be much better equipped to pay the tax than the Heat would. Look at the Nets, they're going to have a crazy tax bill.

OE's posting TMZ links. Must be the off-season. "No stone unturned."

The response is probably two fold

A) It's not going to happen
B) The Lakers would be much better equipped to pay the tax than the Heat would. Look at the Nets, they're going to have a crazy tax bill.

Totally agree with A and I how would the Lakers be better equipped to pay the tax?

Melo and Kobe on the same NBA team would require modifying the sport to include the simultaneous use of two basketballs.
(And, come to think of it, that might be an interesting game).

Totally agree with A and I how would the Lakers be better equipped to pay the tax?

They have a lot more money. Like I said, the Nets are going to have something like a $70 million tax bill. The Lakers just signed a massive TV deal a few years ago.