To all the chicken littles out there | Syracusefan.com

To all the chicken littles out there

tep624

Living Legend
The team played like a collosal pile of crap in the first half, I think anyone watching the game with one working eye could see that.

For the life of me though, I can't understand what motivates these people to post their negative, whiny drivel during games...while things are still being decided...Yeah I said it. You are by far the most annoying segment of this fanbase.

God help anyone that has to physically watch a game in your presence. It has to be a miserable experience.

And on that note, 1 down, 11 to go. Great come from behind win.

Every fan base is like this. It's part of the experience that is sports. Get high during the great play and depressed during the ugliness.

The team played like a collosal pile of crap in the first half, I think anyone watching the game with one working eye could see that.

For the life of me though, I can't understand what motivates these people to post their negative, whiny drivel during games...while things are still being decided...Yeah I said it. You are by far the most annoying segment of this fanbase.

God help anyone that has to physically watch a game in your presence. It has to be a miserable experience.

There's an oft-quoted football adage that teams improve the most between their 1st and 2nd games. Well, maybe we showed our improvement between the 1st and 2nd halves.

People responded to the ups and downs, are you really faulting people for this?

I fault people for packing it in and throwing temper tantrums when there are still 10+ minutes left in the game.

Yeah, I totally am. When I see threads titled "This team is Hopeless", "How bad will USC beat us by", "Prepare for board Meltdown", etc, etc DURING THE GAME, I do fault people for it.

Every fan base is like this. It's part of the experience is sports. Get high during the great play and depressed during the ugliness.

You are 100% right, skurey. You should see the LSU board during any sort of game. Unless the team plays perfectly, the in-game scoreboard is ugly to read. You should have seen it a few years ago when LSU had to come back from being 35 points down to Troy.

Yeah, I totally am. When I see threads titled "This team is Hopeless", "How bad will USC beat us by", "Prepare for board Meltdown", etc, etc DURING THE GAME, I do fault people for it.
They're reacting to how the team is playing. We were hopeless in the first half. Then we turned it around. If you disagree you're either blind or just an incredibly literal person.

Let's remember: one missed fg, one missed pat and the starting qb knocked out of the game. This was not a pretty game and the team's problems seem to be worse than we originally thought. IMHO.

Let's remember: one missed fg, one missed pat and the starting qb knocked out of the game. This was not a pretty game and the team's problems seem to be worse than we originally thought. IMHO.

All true. But not excuses to throw in the towel at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

I'm not going to dispute that tonight's comeback was improbable. But the defeatism is tiresome.

The SU fanbase is like every other fanbase on earth in that regard. You're going to have to get over it.

Our lax crowds look better than the 4th quarter crowd did...where they heck did everyone go? And why?

We should be happy that they played like crap? I'm happy that WF didn't take advantage of the opportunities they had. Come on. SU was flat out lucky they took half the game off and still pulled out a win.

So much for chandler jones 30+ sacks...our DB's continue to do a GRob defense in allowing the 8yrd hitch on 3rd and 7...macky macpherson is going to need help with DT's remaining of the year...Nassib's decision making was superb in the 2nd...Van Chew came up huge with two phenomenal catches...Im surprised Ameen-Moore was not the short yardage back and that Bailey really can run tough between the tackles...holding an ACC team under 100yrds rushing is picking up right where we left off...after all my bi$ching about Raupers, after his first punt did very well with a 44 ave

A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN...this is better than being up by 21 and holding on for dear life...the team showed heart and determination that is needed to succeed and maybe our strength and conditioning was superior on this day

Great win, couldnt have asked for a better game...and ESPN really dropped the ball by not having this on primetime ESPN

I defense of the chicken-littles (I admit I was one)... I've been burnt way too many times over the past decade to hang in there after Scott gave up that ridiculous TD. More than this diehard could take. If I had a buffer of winning season to cover me I wouldn't react that way. The team got my hopes up last year and I thought they were getting shattered again.

Not a legit excuse I know but that's the way I felt and I'm sure a lot of good fans felt that same sick feeling in the pit of their stomachs

The SU fanbase is like every other fanbase on earth in that regard. You're going to have to get over it.

werent you in that chat room???

insanity ruled. ing ruled by idiots.

game was over in 1st 5 mins of 2nd qtr.

:rolling:

:bat:

I've never understood why Cuse fans leave games before they're over. It's not like it's going to take anyone an hour to drive across town. I've seen too many surprises in which the final score was very different than how it looked even in the 4th quarter. Maybe it's just me, but I figure I've paid for the seat, enjoy football (or hoops or whatever), and am a diehard Cuse fan and believer, to walk out early.

It's common place in all fan forums...and for the most part, just simple venting. If it bothers you so much...just ignore them...and don't take it so seriously...I believe most who post here and fans that care deeply, otherwise they wouldn't be here doing it...whether it's a positive comment or negative...just my $.02...

leaving or turning off the set is packing it in. Bitching is not.

Bitching / critiquing performance is one thing. No problem with it at all. However, that is not at all what anyone is talking about.

Giving up early, posting doom and gloom threads or "revised season prediction" threads is packing it in.

Wasn't aware you wrote a book on proper fan etiquette. It's a message board, if people want to go all gloom and doom it's their prerogative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom