to me cuse should be about a 8 point underdog in this game.. too | Syracusefan.com

to me cuse should be about a 8 point underdog in this game.. too

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Many injuries, don't think we will be able to score enough points to keep up with Toledo. Secondary will wear out in the second half, more walking mummies at cb and s. Noon home game. Toledo gets 500 yards on O.

Toledo 41, Syracuse 21

Efficiency is great but just not enough big plays on offense

Many injuries, don't think we will be able to score enough points to keep up with Toledo. Secondary will wear out in the second half, more walking mummies at cb and s. Noon home game. Toledo gets 500 yards on O.

Toledo 41, Syracuse 21

I agree toledo will score north of 30, but our offense is going to SHRED their dee as well. That's the point you're missing IB

I agree toledo will score north of 30, but our offense is going to SHRED their dee as well. That's the point you're missing IB
I have to see our offense shred a "D" to believe it

We don't have enough big plays to hang with them for 60 minutes... I see a 2 nd half blowout and our o doesn't shred

Toledo 41, Syracuse 21

It's been a fun time on the new board recently with all the expansion talk and what not. However, I cannot get over the hopeless negatism of many posters (IB is a renowned fatalist) here as it pertains to the Toledo game. Even during the darkest days of GROB, when SU actually lost to Miami(Oh) i think, nobody on these boards would have picked a MAC school to beat Syracuse. Toledo hung in their with a punchless OSU and got their asses ripped by Boise St. How does that make them a 20 pt favorite over a team that played hard against a vastly superior opponent (USC), beat another BCS school (Wake), and beat an inferior opponent when playing about the worst game imaginable?

I have always had a pragmatic view of the strengths and weakness of this Orange team (I predicted 6-6 for what its worth). The bottomline is that there is not enough play making ability or depth to say Syracuse is clear favorite in any game this year (Rhody and Tulane notwithstanding), but the talent level is certainly on par with a MAC school - one that uses a prodiguous amount of bubble screens. Not for nothing, but Syracuse did a decent job of shutting down all of USC's flanker screens, and they were being thrown to one of the elite players in the Country (Woods > Page).

My prediction, Syracuse wins by 10 at home if the Orange plays its game. Of course, if they come out flat or lacking in execution, a loss is likely, though not a certainty.

IMO I don't our focus should be about scoring and big plays on offense. We need to control the ball with sustained drives that keep their offense off the field.

Toledo 41, Syracuse 21

Do we know who is actually out with injury? Last I saw it was only Fisher with Jones being doubtful. Does anyone have any more recent info? I thought both Thomas's were playing and even Anderson was likely to play.

IMO I don't our focus should be about scoring and big plays on offense. We need to control the ball with sustained drives that keep their offense off the field.

Much easier to score on 2-3 big plays... then 12 plays down the field, this is what did us in versus uri

Toledo 41, Syracuse 21

As much as it pains me, I completely agree with you. I see this game being very reminicent of our 42-28 home loss to Akron in 2008. I just can't envision a scenario where we get enough stops to win. It sucks, because I think Toledo is one of the 30-35 best teams in college football, but the casual fan won't appreciate that.

I agree ball control and play our game we should win.
I know it is hard to think positive after years of loses walking out of the Dome after the final seconds with our heads hanging down but at some point we have to turn the corner. Last year we began that process. It seemed most weeks however something went right for us, an injury on an opposing team and whatnot. This year I hope we maintain that slight momentum or move forward. As a fan base we have been trained to be pessimistic from a some bad years of really bad football. When I watched last week I really in my heart did not think we could win but was very happy when I enjoyed the game. We moved the ball, we were beat on some big plays but it was a fun game to watch. That is what I want out of my team. I hope this weekend I can climb on the bus back to Manely after watching a great game!

Toledo 41, Syracuse 21

Enough.

They scored 22 against OSU and 15, with 6 coming very, very late against Boise. They aren't an explosive deep threat team, they min protect, flood the underneath zone, team that gets the ball out quick in the flats, on slants, and screens. I like our LB's in this game.

Enough.

They scored 22 against OSU and 15, with 6 coming very, very late against Boise. They aren't an explosive deep threat team, they min protect, flood the underneath zone, team that gets the ball out quick in the flats, on slants, and screens. I like our LB's in this game.
their yards against boise and ohio st were similar to our yards against USC. they couldn't run the ball at all either

their defense got mauled by boise st, our's got mauled against USC. they did ok on d against OSU but that might've just been because OSU's qb stunk

I think it's going to be a close game (which bodes well for us recently, thankfully). hopefully the run blocking improves. i know it will, i just hope it happens before november.

Your post just made me throw up in my mouth. Toledo is going to score. SU doesn't have the running game for "sustained drives."

Again if Shamarko is out I dont like our chances in this game, that Page kid is gonna torch us and as IB pointed out were still missing that score at any moment threat ala Mike Williams. Im not predicting the kind of score IB did but wouldnt shock me at all to see us struggle big time tomorrow and be down big early.

As much as it pains me, I completely agree with you. I see this game being very reminicent of our 42-28 home loss to Akron in 2008. I just can't envision a scenario where we get enough stops to win. It sucks, because I think Toledo is one of the 30-35 best teams in college football, but the casual fan won't appreciate that.

Yep, that is my only point. Toledo is a very good team. Hey, if we win, great job by the team and staff. Not really trying to get on Syracuse, Ijust think Toledo is a very good team with a lot of solid upper class guys

Enough.

Agree with all that. We could lose but I think we'll be fine in this game. I didn't like their QB's at all and while Page is good, he's one player. We should be able run a little bit on them because their starting MLB is still out and he was their leading tackler last year. Against the pass, Boise ripped them up and while we aren't Boise we have a pretty good passing attack too. I think we win a close game and I am more worried about the noon start record.

that Page kid is gonna torch us

I know Page had that long one vs. OSU but if you take away that 1 single play (not a few plays), his stats are exactly the same as Lemons. He seems to be a possession type guy where as they have another WR that is similar to Chew and averages more YPC than Page.

sorry toledo wins this easily---we have no run game---no pass defense---among other things. maybe later in the season as the kids get more experience. better have it by next week for sure.

This game scared the crap outta me in the summer. It is our bellwether game. We win I see 5-1
going into WVU. We lose yikes we could be looking at 4-5 wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom