To me this is good news | Syracusefan.com

To me this is good news

I would prefer to beat N. Carolina with Hairston in the games. I have a very good friend who is a Crockchalk Jayhawk and he is always whining about Simeon not playing in the 2003 NC. When I bring up that Graves (his replacement) went off on us, his response is always...Yeah so what would have Simeon done? Let's leave no doubt.:p

I would prefer to beat N. Carolina with Hairston in the games. I have a very good friend who is a Crockchalk Jayhawk and he is always whining about Simeon not playing in the 2003 NC. When I bring up that Graves (his replacement) went off on us, his response is always...Yeah so what would have Simeon done? Let's leave no doubt.:p
Well, he's just plain wrong. But WE would have won it all if AO hadn't gotten hurt.

Like we did in 2009-10 with Bobby Knight's accolades raining down on us?-VBOF
Man that was such a great game. I remarked to a co-worker that I was a little concerned about SU winning that game and he was like, "it won't be close, we're going to run 'em out of New York." And I'll be damned if he wasn't 100% right.

Simeon would not have added a whole lot, IMHO. With Simeon in, Graves would have had to sit, so that negates a lot of the positives that Graves gave them. Could Simeon have matched Graves' numbers? Eclipsed them? Who knows. They would still have missed free throws, Hinrich would still have been chucking bricks in the first half, their most athletic player would still have fouled out. Simeon gives them another body and 5 more fouls, but he was by no means a threat to bust the zone wide open on offense.

Let them think of what-ifs, though, if that's what makes them happy. If Howard Triche was as long as Warrick, Smart's shot is in the 10th row and JB has 2 titles. Yada yada yada.

The "standard 30% of the season. Guess with Johnny Football they had a problem remembering to put a zero next to the three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom