To the people that were fighting me when I said UVA couldn't be a 1 seed read Jerry Palm here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

To the people that were fighting me when I said UVA couldn't be a 1 seed read Jerry Palm here

The question is, do you value road losses more than home wins?
Knicks411 can answer that one better than me.
However, I give Villanova credit for scheduling @ Syracuse this year and it shows Jay Wright will play top teams in the non-conference when he knew he had Kansas, @St. Joe's and the big 5 games.

If a team plays a top 15 team on the road and loses I will give them more credit than if they play a top 150 team at home and win. I give more teams latitude when they schedule a lot of good teams. Its why I would have Kansas #7 and a 2 seed even with 8 losses.

Good points.

With the ACC tournament championship being decided so late on Selection Sunday, the committee has a hard time being flexible depending on the result of the ACC championship game. My fear is that SU ends up playing UNC on Sunday, setting up a situation where because of the difference in resumes between UNC and SU, SU gets severely penalized with a loss and maybe is capped on how high they can go with a win as well.

It is going to be very tempting for the committee to pencil in the ACC champ as the 2 in the East regardless of who it is, with another member of the Big 4 getting the 2 in the South, another the 3 in the West and another a 3 or a 4 in the Midwest.

The good news for SU is that, assuming SU wins the ACC, it looks like Nova is the team they need to beat out for a 1 seed. And in that scenario, it would be easy to add a proviso that in the event Nova and SU win their tournaments, SU gets the 1 seed and Nova drops to a 2.

Not a fan of playing the ACC championship so late on a Sunday. The setup the old Big East had was far more convenient for people traveling to the tournament. It was great to have all day Saturday available to do whatever you wanted to do in NYC and you had all day Sunday to get back home in time for the Selection Sunday show.

Heck, with the starting times the ACC has, I am going to have a really hard time finding time to golf on Saturday or Sunday. If I can't golf, what in the world is there to do in Greensboro? I don't like checkers or Nascar and I just got a haircut so I don't need the services of Floyd the Barber.

floyd.jpg

Not only is the ACC Tourney at the wrong time, it's in the wrong place.

The question is, do you value road losses more than home wins?

The real question if we are to say Virginia has 0% chance is - Will the committee 100% more likely to value road wins against bubble level teams? Not sure.

In 1987 they did the Selection Show while games were still going on. Listen to Jim Nantz if UCLA beats Washington in the Pac-10 Final then the final at-large bid would go to the Houston Cougars, but if Washington upsets Reggie Miller led UCLA then Cougars are out and the Huskies will take that slot with the Pac-10 automatic bid.

Great... Watching that video from approx 00:45 through 01:40, I just learned that Purdue and Indiana switched seeds and, therefore, bracket slots in the 11th hour of setting the 1987 tourney field.

Meaning, if Purdue doesn't crap the bed in the last game of their season, Syracuse more than likely wins the 1987 National Title.

Ugh!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...5740/bracketology-nebraska-continues-its-roll

ACC champ Virginia also lost Sunday. The Cavaliers went down at Maryland in the Terps' final regular-season ACC game before moving to the Big Ten next year. There was a lot of talk that this cost Virginia a shot at a No. 1, but they never really had a shot. They don't have enough high-quality wins to compete with Wisconsin or Kansas and too many losses (even before Sunday) to compete with Villanova. I still would put Syracuse ahead of Virginia despite two bad losses for the Orange.

When I said UVA had NO CHANCE I was looking the freaking resumes and people on here were fighting me. Syracuse right now has the best resume in the ACC despite the Tech and BC losses.

Look at this as well

However, characterizing Virginia as a top seed isn't as ridiculous as viewing Duke as a No. 1. The Blue Devils already have seven losses, and only three teams have been No. 1 seeds with seven losses since expansion in 1985. Duke also has two bad losses (Notre Dame and last Wednesday at Wake Forest) and no team has ever been a No. 1 with that stain on their résumé. In fact, that would work against Syracuse, too.

Root for Syracuse to win its first 2 games in the ACCT and I think we clinch the 2 seed in the East. If we beat Duke on Saturday if we get their then I think Sunday wouldn't matter for us unless Villanova doesn't win the Big East. Looking at the BET bracket Nova has the tougher path than Creighton having PC/St. John's in the semis versus Xavier/Marquette.
I still say if UVA had won out and finished w/ one total loss in the ACC plus a ACCT championship, they'd get the 1 Seed. Obviously, since they DIDN'T win out, then the point is moot...much like the OP. We'll never know, we can't know, so all of this is like...
PWee.jpg

Good points.

With the ACC tournament championship being decided so late on Selection Sunday, the committee has a hard time being flexible depending on the result of the ACC championship game. My fear is that SU ends up playing UNC on Sunday, setting up a situation where because of the difference in resumes between UNC and SU, SU gets severely penalized with a loss and maybe is capped on how high they can go with a win as well.

The game is over at 3PM. Are they that lazy that they won't change something with 3 hours until the CBS selection show at 6PM?

Great... Watching that video from approx 00:45 through 01:40, I just learned that Purdue and Indiana switched seeds and, therefore, bracket slots in the 11th hour of setting the 1987 tourney field.

Meaning, if Purdue doesn't crap the bed in the last game of their season, Syracuse more than likely wins the 1987 National Title.

Ugh!