To those who've lost someone to cancer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

To those who've lost someone to cancer

RF, I've contacted the ACS in Syracuse. Brian Hayes is no longer there, but his successor (Betsy Guilfoil) replied back and said they'll check their storage vaults and ask around. I'll let everyone know when I hear something.

Good luck--I hope you're able to track one down!

Might not be a bad idea to snag multiple bands, if they have them in stock.

First of all, I hope this does not come off as a shameless plug. I, too, lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer back in 2009. I am amazed to this day how many lives pancreatic cancer has touched. My Dad was a healthy man in the spring of 2009, and passed in December of that year. We spent many of his last days watching SU games on TV. He loved that 2009 team, and while the ending was not what we all hoped for, I remember thinking of how pissed I would have been had that team won the national championship and my Dad was not here to see it. There is a 5% survival rate in five years for those diagnosed. For most, it's a death sentence. Yet it is one of the most underfunded cancers in terms of research by the government. Most think it's because there really is no hope.

Anyways, about 3 months after his passing, I became involved with a group called the Pancreatic Cancer Association of Western NY. Our goal is to raise both money and awareness for pancreatic cancer. We have an annual walk in November every year (pancreatic cancer awareness month) and in just three years we have raised more than $140,000 that is strictly for pancreatic cancer research at the James P. Wilmot Cancer Center in Rochester. The group continues to grow, with the goal to be more than just an annual walk, which will include support services for both patients and families going through a pancreatic cancer diagnosis.

Anyways, here is the link for anyone who is interested. And you can always feel free to PM me.

http://www.pcawny.org/

I will appeal to you once again. Especially because there's a post about about a similar loss on the front page as we speak.

I lost my father to pancreatic cancer 8 years ago. His 82nd birthday would be in 3 hours. I lost my SU coaches vs. cancer bracelet at the DC airport on Easter Sunday, the day after we reached the Final Four. It had not been off left wrist since about a week after he past. Every day for the last 5 weeks I look at my arm and feel naked.

I've posted twice about this and received zero replies. Perhaps I am so polarizing that people choose not to respond. Fine. I get it.

But, if you no where to acquire one of these bracelets, please let me know. Money is not an object. If you have one on your person and are willing to sell, I will surely find a way to make you whole.

First of all, I hope this does not come off as a shameless plug. I, too, lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer back in 2009. I am amazed to this day how many lives pancreatic cancer has touched. My Dad was a healthy man in the spring of 2009, and passed in December of that year. We spent many of his last days watching SU games on TV. He loved that 2009 team, and while the ending was not what we all hoped for, I remember thinking of how pissed I would have been had that team won the national championship and my Dad was not here to see it. There is a 5% survival rate in five years for those diagnosed. For most, it's a death sentence. Yet it is one of the most underfunded cancers in terms of research by the government. Most think it's because there really is no hope.

Anyways, about 3 months after his passing, I became involved with a group called the Pancreatic Cancer Association of Western NY. Our goal is to raise both money and awareness for pancreatic cancer. We have an annual walk in November every year (pancreatic cancer awareness month) and in just three years we have raised more than $140,000 that is strictly for pancreatic cancer research at the James P. Wilmot Cancer Center in Rochester. The group continues to grow, with the goal to be more than just an annual walk, which will include support services for both patients and families going through a pancreatic cancer diagnosis.

Anyways, here is the link for anyone who is interested. And you can always feel free to PM me.

http://www.pcawny.org/
Not shameless at all buddy. I lost my best friend last Thanksgiving to a cancer called Luekemia and many years ago I lost my favorite cousin to this effn disease. I'm sorry for your the loss of your dad.Until the world unites in a "Manhatten Project" priority we will continue to lose this battle.We have made too little progress in getting rid of this condition.:bang: