Today:TEEL Time Interview with Swofford | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Today:TEEL Time Interview with Swofford

Absolutely. In fact, since they don't have OOC instate , all four of the NC schools and the two VA schools should schedule a ninth game against one of the three other schools that aren't in their division that year. Two of the other ones that should happen every year are Duke vs NCSt and Wake vs VT (they are in the same league two hours apart, but they hardly ever play each other).

Thats a fantastic idea. It would eliminate the need for a game versus an FCS team, or, a bottom feeder FBS team. The ADs of those schools should be talking about that idea, and, bring it to the rest of the league, to see if its something thats worthy of being explored.

Those would be games against opponents that the fans of each school care about, and, would show up for. Win-win.[/quote]

When the ACC changed their mind on the 9 games and went back to 8, a few of the schools were having a hard time replacing that game in 2013. I don't remember which ones. So they asked the ACC if they could do just this and play one of the other ACC opponents looking for a team to play as an OOC game. The ACC told them no.

Thats a fantastic idea. It would eliminate the need for a game versus an FCS team, or, a bottom feeder FBS team. The ADs of those schools should be talking about that idea, and, bring it to the rest of the league, to see if its something thats worthy of being explored.

Those would be games against opponents that the fans of each school care about, and, would show up for. Win-win.

When the ACC changed their mind on the 9 games and went back to 8, a few of the schools were having a hard time replacing that game in 2013. I don't remember which ones. So they asked the ACC if they could do just this and play one of the other ACC opponents looking for a team to play as an OOC game. The ACC told them no.[/quote]

So much for that idea.

When the ACC changed their mind on the 9 games and went back to 8, a few of the schools were having a hard time replacing that game in 2013. I don't remember which ones. So they asked the ACC if they could do just this and play one of the other ACC opponents looking for a team to play as an OOC game. The ACC told them no.

So much for that idea.[/quote]

Just needs to be planned better. Those games would be far more watchable that the most of the other early season games they would replace, and therefore they should be more valuable to the ACCN, so no reason for it not to happen.

Just needs to be planned better. Those games would be far more watchable that the most of the other early season games they would replace, and therefore they should be more valuable to the ACCN, so no reason for it not to happen.

This needs to be pointed out to the ACC's PTBs in no uncertain terms.

I was also say that those games are entirely optional. Nobody would be required to schedule them.

All I am going to say is that divisional realignment is going happen, and what I have heard hasn't been posted, and I won't be the one to post. However, I like this from Btsimply and wish it is what happens.
Boston College-------Syracuse
Pittsburgh------------Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech---------Virginia
Wake Forest----------Duke
NC State---------------North Carolina
Louisville--------------Clemson
Miami------------------Florida State

All I am going to say is that divisional realignment is going happen, and what I have heard hasn't been posted, and I won't be the one to post. However, I like this from Btsimply and wish it is what happens.
Pittsburgh------------Georgia Tech
Louisville--------------Clemson

Wake and State would scream bloody murder over that one. In particular, google "Textile Bowl". Swapping Pitt for Clemson has a better chance:

Clemson------------Georgia Tech
Louisville--------------Pittsburgh

Wake and State would scream bloody murder over that one. In particular, google "Textile Bowl". Swapping Pitt for Clemson has a better chance:

Clemson------------Georgia Tech
Louisville--------------Pittsburgh

I think the question is what does Florida State want? They won't get all of their demands, but if they were to prioritize them, I bet they get the first few. I doubt they'd ask to be in the same division with Miami and Clemson. Recent history speaking, that's 3 of the 4 strongest teams in one division. They don't want their path to the championship game to be too difficult. So would they rather give up the annual Miami game, the annual Clemson game, or neither? If neither, the only likely switch is to get Georgia Tech in their division.

Will be interesting to see how they keep everyone happy, but the league will likely prioritize who they take care of.

Unless, of course, the GOR is so iron clad and legally binding, that the ACC really doesn't have to care about who they keep happy anymore. I'd hate to end up being the league that proves the GOR doesn't hold up in court.

I think the question is what does Florida State want? They won't get all of their demands, but if they were to prioritize them, I bet they get the first few. I doubt they'd ask to be in the same division with Miami and Clemson. Recent history speaking, that's 3 of the 4 strongest teams in one division. They don't want their path to the championship game to be too difficult. So would they rather give up the annual Miami game, the annual Clemson game, or neither? If neither, the only likely switch is to get Georgia Tech in their division.

Will be interesting to see how they keep everyone happy, but the league will likely prioritize who they take care of.

Unless, of course, the GOR is so iron clad and legally binding, that the ACC really doesn't have to care about who they keep happy anymore. I'd hate to end up being the league that proves the GOR doesn't hold up in court.

Good points. I asked an FSU fan to provide evidence that GATech wants to play FSU annually more than what they have. I heard crickets in response. FSU may want GATech, but it's a distant 3rd after Miami, then Clemson.

If you look at each team's slate of division and crossovers, it looks like everyone pretty much got their first two choices. Too much tinkering and you will have serious problems with balance, perturbed schools, broken rivalries, etc. the current setup is about as good as it will get. We may be able to swap out one OBE school for another, but messing around with the ACC schools will only cause more problems. Just an opinion.

Also, for kicks I scanned the FSU board linked on the football page (click on FSU's helmet - Kudos to the staff, I love this feature) and they were not overtly anti-Syracuse as a few loudmouthed FSU fans present.