Today was an All Mannequin Performance | Syracusefan.com

Today was an All Mannequin Performance

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
We have had weak rebounding teams, but today's performance takes the cake. We have a team of mannequins who stand there ball watching while the other team's big's grab everything. Box out? What the hell is a box out? Combination of getting guys who are not strong enough, not nasty enough combined with poor fundamentals. Ugh. Only Lydon competed at all.

Well, they don't box out as per design and instruction. They are instructed to go get the ball. Neither is happening. It's really hard to watch. That Spalding gets the easiest baskets of his career to date against us. When Mitchell flew in for that rebound and Gillon as well as four others watched I almost lost it.

They were killing us in transition. I wonder if the guards were told to hang back (not crash). Either way it didn't work.

Well, they don't box out as per design and instruction. They are instructed to go get the ball. Neither is happening. It's really hard to watch. That Spalding gets the easiest baskets of his career to date against us. When Mitchell flew in for that rebound and Gillon as well as four others watched I almost lost it.
Exact same thing cost us at the end of the UConn game...except it wasn't the shooter who swooped in for the rebound.
Seems that no one has learned anything in this regard.