Today's ACC Announcement About Schedules | Syracusefan.com

Today's ACC Announcement About Schedules

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
"We at the Atlantic Coast Conference realize that there's tremendous anticipation for the release of the 2012 ACC Football schedule. The conference office and member institutions are equally in anticipation and are taking steps to expedite finding appropriate solutions. As has been documented, there are a number of unusual circumstances beyond the control of the ACC and its member schools that have directly impacted a number of our school's nonconference schedules, which in turn effects the development and completion of the overall schedule. Please know that all parties are working diligently and we appreciate everyone's continued patience."

could this maybe, possible, be a harbinger that 'CUSE is on the way to save the ACC schedule....Make it So!

Wow... maybe we will be 'ballin in the ACC by Fall after all???

could this maybe, possible, be a harbinger that 'CUSE is on the way to save the ACC schedule....Make it So!
Highly unlikely.

If Boise does not join the BE in 2012 then I expect Syracuse to play a game against an ACC opponent. If Boise does join then an ACC game is still possible, though less likely.

One wonders how much it might cost to get out of the most recently announced game.

Florida State is trying to fill the hole that WV left, and dates may be shuffling a bit.

Florida State is trying to fill the hole that WV left, and dates may be shuffling a bit.

Yep, I'd suspect Pitt or Syracuse will be playing FSU next season. It doesn't have to be on the FSU 'open' date. The ACC could give FSU a league game on Sept 8 thus allowing FSU to play either Pitt or Syracuse on our 'open' date.

Yep, I'd suspect Pitt or Syracuse will be playing FSU next season. It doesn't have to be on the FSU 'open' date. The ACC could give FSU a league game on Sept 8 thus allowing FSU to play either Pitt or Syracuse on our 'open' date.
I mentioned this earlier Oct.6th Syracuse has a open date as of now move Wake@Florida St to September 8th and have Syracuse@Florida St on October 6th that way when we join the ACC Florida State is at the Dome its first year.

This is traditionally the week the ACC releases its football schedule for the upcoming season. But this year fans are going to have to wait a little longer to find out when and where their favorite teams will play in 2012, according to a statement put out by the league on Friday.

Front and center among the “unusual circumstances beyond the control of the ACC and its member schools” is West Virginia’s decision to cancel its Sept. 8 game against Florida State. The move was made because of the Mountaineers’ shift from the Big East to the Big 12, which plays a nine-game league schedule. But because of it, the Seminoles are now scrambling to find a last-minute opponent to fill the open date.

The league may also be waiting to find out whether its own new members, Pittsburgh and Syracuse, will be allowed to leave the Big East in time to play an ACC schedule this fall.

Regardless of the reason, it’s going to be a while longer before the 2012 schedule is completed.

At least we still have basketball to keep us busy while we wait.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/28566/release-of-2012-acc-football-schedule-delayed/

Maybe SU should just agree to play FSU. If we stay in the Big East, it is an OOC game, if we move to the ACC this fall, it is already on schedule as a conference game. (I know, the dates, the dates, the dates, I just want to play FSU, I always liked them better than Miami and Florida)

Hopefully it is Pitt. I want another BCS team but not an FSU at FSU. Some think they will be top 10 this year too.

If SU schedules FSU next year they are crazy. This team can't handle another tough game. You would be guaranteeing another losing season.

If SU schedules FSU next year they are crazy. This team can't handle another tough game. You would be guaranteeing another losing season.
So basically you are saying you expected SU to win @WVU who probably be a top 10 team next year. Trading WVU for FSU is not that different and we would be helping a future partner out. FSU is only in discussion because WVU bolted the Big East and left a hole in our schedule.

guys, if its 2 d1aa or @fsu, what do you take???

its a wash imo.

and we save a little face.

plus, bobby threw us a solid. even though hes gone, we owe them.

its a wash imo.

Agree, they helped us out in 2004. Wasn't their fault we didn't get in the first time.

Most of us want to be in the ACC in 2012 anyway, so what's the difference, play them now. Get them on the home schedule for 2013.

Makes the NW, Minny, 6 conf games that much more important, but if we're moving forward, those games aren't exactly a murderer's row.

Guess it mostly depends on the Boise situation. If we have to go there, we shouldn't go to FSU as well. Hopefully they figure that out soon.

take FSU and go for it...cupcakes dont do a thing for a team except make it feel that it is much better than it is...and WHAT HAPPENS IF FOR SOME REASON YOU LOSE...then you are really f...ed.

Can we win 6 of the following 10 games:

Minnesota
Northwestern
USC
Stony Brook
Louisville
UConn
Rutgers
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
USF

If Boise State replaces WVU, then just schedule Middle Tennessee. If they don't, then schedule Middle Tennessee and FSU.

We're replacing the @WVU game- WVU is supposed to be top 20 at least, and our second most high profile game. Depending how good WVU really is, @FSU would be a high profile game of comparable difficulty. We were likely not winning in Morgantown anyway, and the rest of our league schedule is boring and not difficult compared to other BCS leagues. I say play the Noles if we have the chance.

Can we win 6 of the following 10 games:

Minnesota
Northwestern
USC
Stony Brook
Louisville
UConn
Rutgers
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
USF

If Boise State replaces WVU, then just schedule Middle Tennessee. If they don't, then schedule Middle Tennessee and FSU.
Yes we can we can also lose all of them with the exception of the mighty Stony Brook who many feel may sneak up on us

its a wash imo.

FSU is still lime light. You won't get kids watching you if you play FCS games. Kids will watch if you play FSU. If you lose, a few might think they can get immediate playing time, too.

We should have beat FSU is '04. We threw that game away
Yes - I was there, and Reyes tried to hotdog his way into the end zone that would have put us up by 2 tds and he got stripped at the goal line. Then the zebras missed a blatant hold on Leon washingtons late TD run, ah what could have been that nite.

Yes - I was there, and Reyes tried to hotdog his way into the end zone that would have put us up by 2 tds and he got stripped at the goal line. Then the zebras missed a blatant hold on Leon washingtons late TD run, ah what could have been that nite.

Agreed, I was there too, Dome was buzzing that night