Today's game is Exhibit A... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Today's game is Exhibit A...

5 games, out of dozens of others that are more imbalanced.

Well it's more than 5. Even Rutgers went out west to play Fresno, who isn't a push over.

I'm not disputing that it'd be good to get an easy win under our belt. Just saying that we're not the only ones playing tougher games. Like, Penn State did. :)

thank god Allen was QB, imagine the disaster if it was hunt.

we lose next week too.

7-5 now.

unless SS is so stupid to listen to the morons here and bench Allen.

then 0-12

not to mention that one of the examples is a conference game too.

A conference game specifically scheduled to pit 2 good teams on Thursday night entirely for TV.

I don't doubt that it'd help if we started against a weak opponent, but we have to stop saying that *everybody* does that. UNC-SC, Ole Miss-Vandy, UGA-Clemson, Bama-VaTech... Lots of made for TV openers pitting two Big 5 programs these days.

Don't forget TCU-LSU, Washington-Boise St.(admittedly not Big 5), Northwestern-Cal, Auburn-Wash St., Cincy-Purdue, UVA-BYU (again not Big5, but still good), Miss St.-OK St, Pitt-Fla St... The list goes on and on.

And for those that think FCS schools are a slam dunk, please note that 3 AQ schools lost to FCS opponents this week alone.

And several more big schools struggled with them.

...of why we need to do what just about every other team does, and schedule an easier game to open the season. Would be nice to have a tune up type of game to work out some of the offensive kinks we saw today.

Oh well.

And I want to be clear: I don't think we were overmatched today. I'm very proud of how our kids competed. Lots of new faces on both sides of the ball, and we didn't back down nor look like we didn't belong. We just couldn't move the ball consistently. Otherwise, I thought we brought it--especially on D.

I would rather we actually sack up and win such games, which we just haven't done. We've competed like hell against the Minnesotas, Northwesterns, Penn States...and just haven't won. Battled tough, but haven't one.

I expect a hard-nosed program, going forward, to be well equipped in Game One to beat someone we shouldn't. We will. I think.

UGA plays Clemson, Bama-VT, LSU-TCU, Northwestern-Cal, UNC-South Carolina, the list goes on. I don't think there's a tremendous amount of difference if you play PSU in week 1 or week 4. I'd rather take a shot against them in week 1 vs. a true frosh qb than later in the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom