Todd McShay has Chandler Jones as a first round pick | Syracusefan.com

Todd McShay has Chandler Jones as a first round pick

Alsacs

Living Legend
I can't blame Chandler Jones for leaving if he goes in the first round. In his Mock 2.0 McShay has Chandler going 27th overall to New England. Jones is an under-the-radar pass-rusher with the frame (6-5, 247) Bill Belichick likes in his DE/OLB hybrids, and he's a gifted athlete who bends the edge naturally. He's the brother of Ravens DL Arthur Jones and MMA sensation Jon Jones.

Believe it when I see it. But if Chan goes in either of the first two rounds, leaving SU would have been the right choice.

Wouldn't be surprised. I've seen many people pegging him as late first round, early second.

Hopefully he is a first round pick, we can sell that to recruits next season.

Believe it when I see it. But if Chan goes in either of the first two rounds, leaving SU would have been the right choice.
Pride, that avatar is priceless. A "Like" to you kind sir.

Huh? I like Chandler. Nice player. But, ummm, what? First, he's definitely not a DE/OLB hybrid. Second, I'm not sure I've seen a player with his type of pass-rushing ability develop into a 10+ sack guy at the next level. Nice frame, pretty productive, I have no problem with him leaving early regardless of where he goes, but I would not be fired up if my team took him in the first couple rounds.

Huh? I like Chandler. Nice player. But, ummm, what? First, he's definitely not a DE/OLB hybrid. Second, I'm not sure I've seen a player with his type of pass-rushing ability develop into a 10+ sack guy at the next level. Nice frame, pretty productive, I have no problem with him leaving early regardless of where he goes, but I would not be fired up if my team took him in the first couple rounds.

Well I definitely wouldn't love it if the Bills spent a first round pick on him either, but I wouldn't mind seeing him picked early second by Buffalo, especially if he turns out to be so highly coveted by a lot of teams. The Bills need playmakers on the edge big time, and I think Chandler has the potential to provide that.

Well I definitely wouldn't love it if the Bills spent a first round pick on him either, but I wouldn't mind seeing him picked early second by Buffalo, especially if he turns out to be so highly coveted by a lot of teams. The Bills need playmakers on the edge big time, and I think Chandler has the potential to provide that.

I would love it if the Bills got him in the third. Thats a fairly realistic possibility.

I don't buy a first round pick at all. Maybe second. He has some injury issues as well. that combined with his sack numbers in a weak BCS conference and I don't see it happening.

Belichek wants Bones to come teach MMA to his players. Let's sift through the smoke.

He has been pegged as a top-5 DE in this draft believe it or not

He has been pegged as a top-5 DE in this draft believe it or not

Saw that a couple weeks ago sifting through some NFL draft sites. While doing that I happened to look at some future draft stuff and saw that Nassib was rated the #11 QB in his class (how many QB's get drafted usually?) and I saw that 2 years from now, Krautman (as of today) is the #1 rated kicker.

Saw that a couple weeks ago sifting through some NFL draft sites. While doing that I happened to look at some future draft stuff and saw that Nassib was rated the #11 QB in his class (how many QB's get drafted usually?) and I saw that 2 years from now, Krautman (as of today) is the #1 rated kicker.

12 QBs last year.
15 in 2010
12 in 2009

Would love to see Chan on the Pats. Maybe not with a first rounder, but would love to see it.

Surprised he would be a 1st rounder based on his body of work, but would definitely be happy to see it.

I doubt that Chan goes much higher than low 2 all the way to high 4 still good move by him. He is going to stick and over time will become a good player unless he gets hurt. Go Chan!!!

12 QBs last year.
15 in 2010
12 in 2009

Taking into account a couple of early entries, he's real borderline then. Would probably get a FA tryout.

Sent from my DROIDX

Chandler has really excellent measurables and a good body. Scouts look at him and see a lot of potential and the ability to be coached and develop. I also feel that he, well, underperformed here.

let's be clear, he had 10.5 sacks in his 3 season career at syracuse. not sure where a 10 sack season in the nfl is coming from. he might have tons of potential but it certainly wasn't realized here.

God Bless Chandler if he goes late 1st or even early 2nd but it proves correct what all the experts have been saying, which is that this upcoming draft is very weak

People need to remember that C Jones was hurt the entire year, it makes a BIG difference

Some silly posts so far. The college and NFL game can be incredibly different at times and some college players get to the NFL and never quite do what they did in college. Other college players excel in the NFL for many different reasons. To attempt to make the connection between what you think Jones did or didn't do at SU and how that will translate to the NFL is silly. The NFL is in love with guys that fit the Julius Peppers (first name to pop in my head) mold. Certain systems like the Cover 2 are designed specifically for this type of player. It is not unreasonable to think he is drafted in the 3rd round, if he goes in the 1st or 2nd that is awesome for him and potentially a little bit of a stretch BUT if that is the need of a team he fits that role perfectly.

Mark Anderson of the Patriots is a perfect example. Rookie season with the Bears had 9 - 11 sacks (edit - 12) I believe, fell off from there b/c the Bears are morons. They release him b/c they wanted a guy that could play running downs and not primarily 3rd downs. The Patriots pick him up and he does exactly what their system wants him to do and probably better than they expected. He has had a fantastic season, unless your a Patriots fan you probably have no idea who he is but he had 10 sacks this year. Chandler Jones will be at least as good as Mark Anderson.

NFL Network had him listed as tied for 5th best DE in the draft.

It would look good for the Orange if he could sneak into the first round.

I wonder if they are basing his draft status on potential. He has the frame to be a prototype edge rusher (long limbs, wiry frame for a big guy) if he continues to add a little muscle. He certainly has the pedigree for professional sports. I just don't see him as a guy that can make an immediate impact, which is what people typically expect from 1st round picks.

That surprises me. I've always read about his tools and occasionally seen them, but I've never seen him as being that dominant force that a first rounder typically is. I know comparisons are unfair, but I can't help but think of what Freeney was like his senior year. He forced teams to game plan for him. I never got the impression that teams felt that way about Jones.

Great to see, the more syracuse players in the nfl is a plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom