Tom Crean goes nuts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tom Crean goes nuts

I've lost a ton of respect for him ever since I heard the Patterson story. He took too many commitments, didn't have room so he basically took Pattersons scholarship away then told the press Patterson couldn't cut it academically in the summer. Lucky for us tho we ended up with Patterson and I think he'll be a real nice player for us. Then last year there was a guy Roth who was expecting to come back for his 5th year, was a good program kid who never got in trouble and Crean never sat down with him or anything to tell him he didn't have a scholarship offer for his 5th year. Roth found out while coaching Crean's camp when Crean said let me know if you need me as a reference for any job interviews next year. Between that, the videos of him telling his guys to fake injuries, everytime IU loses they say Player X was sick and make excuses, the recent episode yesterdy, Crean would barely shake hands and blew Matta off in the post game hand shake at IU last week, and his constant attention seeking behavior, I can't stand him. It's funny because IU has the best team they'll have for a long long time, against the weakest field in years and they still haven't been overly dominant and I doubt they win the whole thing this year. Yet when you talk to Crean or IU fans you'd think they were in the midst of a dynasty. I may be mistaken but I think IU gave the players rings for making the sweet 16 last year and then had that whole cutting down the nets ceremony after they lost to Ohio State last week to celebrate their B1G title they only won a share of at that point. "Elite" programs don't do that, I know they have history but the last 20 years they've been mostly irrelevant.
I didn't know IU cut down the nets to celebrate a regular season championship. Nice. You don't see Duke or Kansas doing that. Even Georgetown or Florida don't do that. Like I said above, you're Indiana, a supposed "top 5 program". Act like you've been there before.

If you respect Tom Crean read up on Mark Adams and Indiana Elite AAU. Check the connections and how many IU players are from that same AAU program.

Also, Kelvin Sampson's violations were impermissable phone calls. Tom Crean blatantly violating the rules to visit Gary Harris while on probation, lying about it, then admitting it after he got busted is just as bad as anything the former staff did. Dude is trash.
READ THIS ...It also mentions Duany Duany as a recruiter from Sudan and it does not paint a pretty picture

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=6587677

I didn't know IU cut down the nets to celebrate a regular season championship. Nice. You don't see Duke or Kansas doing that. Even Georgetown or Florida don't do that. Like I said above, you're Indiana, a supposed "top 5 program". Act like you've been there before.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/indiana-cuts-down-nets-after-loss/
They cut down the nets, posed for pictures with the trophies and their championship hats on like they just won the national championship. Although atleast its not as bad as them giving all their players championship style rings for making the sweet 16 like last year.

http://deadspin.com/5959350/indiana-handed-out-rings-to-celebrate-its-sweet-six-appearance

I don't think they'll be very good next year. They'll lose Oldapio, Watford, Hulls, and Zeller and the only big impact guy they'll have coming in is Vonleh. Vonleh is really good but hes not good enough to be the leader and main focus on a team that's in the top 1o-15ish, and yes I would have said the same thing if he came here.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/indiana-cuts-down-nets-after-loss/
They cut down the nets, posed for pictures with the trophies and their championship hats on like they just won the national championship. Although atleast its not as bad as them giving all their players championship style rings for making the sweet 16 like last year.

http://deadspin.com/5959350/indiana-handed-out-rings-to-celebrate-its-sweet-six-appearance

I don't think they'll be very good next year. They'll lose Oldapio, Watford, Hulls, and Zeller and the only big impact guy they'll have coming in is Vonleh. Vonleh is really good but hes not good enough to be the leader and main focus on a team that's in the top 1o-15ish, and yes I would have said the same thing if he came here.
Sully that's hilarious they actually made rings. What are they, Siena? And they put 'Beat #1' on there. That's like if Maryland were to put that on their stadium banner 'Hey, we beat Duke once every 3 years!!!!'

I also agree with IU next year. I wanted Vonleh to come to SU bad - he'd be a very good piece in our zone. He's a stretch 4 and can score inside at 6'8. Him, Grant, and Fair would be deadly in the ACC. That said, IU is losing the players you mentioned. Zeller gone will be HUGE. They won't have all the wide open looks from 3 they get when defenses focus on him. They have 2 freshman bigs that are about as raw as Keita.

Enjoy being #1 - you'll go back to 25-30 next year

Tom Crean just needs to worry about coaching his team and not cheating on his wife - and he's only good at one of those things.