Tom O'Brien officially let go.. | Syracusefan.com

Tom O'Brien officially let go..

Dnyr85

Starter
From footballscoop.com

Sunday November 25, 2012
NC State: We have confirmed that Tom O'Brien has been let go. More to come...

Tom O'Brien announces his rebuild of NCST is complete. Now considering multiple offers.

Am I missing something? Virginia was a bad loss. And Tennessee turned out to not be very good, but still, 7-5, third in the Atlantic with a win over FSU is fireable? That's where NCSU should expect to be, IMHO.

Maybe they want someone who is more animated on the sideline.

Tom O'Brien has put his name in the hat for the new opening for football head coach at Auburn

Chizik fired, too

Bad move by NC State. Who do they think they're going to get?

Bad move by NC State. Who do they think they're going to get?

James Franklin of Vandy used to work there. He's #1 on the list.

I heard rumblings down here in NC that is could be Gus Malzahn.

James Franklin of Vandy used to work there. He's #1 on the list.

I can't see Franklin leaving Vandy for NCST. In fact, I am willing to bet that Franklin will be getting a raise/extension in the near future as he is being talked about for several vacancies already.

Am I missing something? Virginia was a bad loss. And Tennessee turned out to not be very good, but still, 7-5, third in the Atlantic with a win over FSU is fireable? That's where NCSU should expect to be, IMHO.

Good post. I agree.

On another T.O.B note, I had heard that he was contemplating on retiring after this season anyway. No idea or way to know if it was true or not.

Now that the Auburn job is open, will Bo Jackson and his search party look at Malzahn for that job?

Great question. It makes sense. The big knock-up on T.O.B (I'm friends with a lot of state fans) is that he didn't have enough fire and he didn't recruit well enough. The A.D at NC State has gone on record that third or fourth place finishes are not acceptable. Franklin seems like the most logical choice. Man can recruit.

Hard to see Leach leaving already he's tight with the Wash St AD and he gave him a second chance.
Bruce Feldman (guy who wrote Leach's book) talked to Leach and said he has no idea where that report came from and that he's really happy at WSU.

Of course that means he should probably have a new job by Tuesday.

Leach would be a boot coaching in the SEC.

Can't imagine he's leaving $2.5 mil/yr at Wazzou, unless NCSU is willing to shell it out...

Can't imagine he's leaving $2.5 mil/yr at Wazzou, unless NCSU is willing to shell it out...

If NCstate is willing (able) to shell out big bucks all of a sudden, is this a sign that the ACC has completed a renegotiation with ESPN for a big huge deal and/or ND is joining the conference as a full member?

:p

3 straight Bowls and a winning Record :(

I'm not sure why NC St. hired him in the first place if they think those results are worth firing over. That's exactly what he did at BC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom