Tommy Devito: Giants | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Devito: Giants

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Yet, he still quit.
His injury year, they started lining him up under center, in the Pistol, and more at practice. Of this I'm certain. Injured before we saw it. And then they went right back to the stuff he struggled with. I can see how that could be frustrating.

Shrader quit too.
Yes, he quit on MSU when his situation changed. Much like TD. If GS gets similar NFL duty, I doubt they’d care in Mississippi (I just spelled that without autocorrect!) if it’s mentioned he started his college career there.

This is not about loving or hating TD. God bless the kid, he’s living every football players dream. He started for the NY Giants today against the Dallas Cowboys on national TV. That’s amazing for him. I even threw him some compliments.

But I couldn’t care less if they tie anything he does back to his Syracuse career. It does nothing for our profile.

His injury year, they started lining him up under center, in the Pistol, and more at practice. Of this I'm certain. Injured before we saw it. And then they went right back to the stuff he struggled with. I can see how that could be frustrating.
I don’t doubt that there were many frustrating things. He lost his job. That sucks anywhere in life.

Like today where are the OL?

As much as the giants offense is bad, I’m more frustrated with the defense.
That was a very poor performance on the defensive side of the ball today. Wink’s aggression and M2M principles got us in trouble today for sure, but I don’t think he’s the problem.

Really tough to get 53 grown men to lay it all on the line when they know what’s going on. This is going to be a very tough couple of months.

It’s only one game but last week of the 30 QBs graded he was like 12th and he was 5th in yards per attempt.
it was all during the last drive in garbage time. Kind of like today. The Giants as a whole were an embarrassment today.

I think their (Giants) playing a perfect game . 1st Draft Choice is dead in our sights .
What do you do with Daniel Jones extension they gave him last year?

Suck it up next year then move on and take the hit.
That sucks especially with Caleb Williams coming out. If they can somehow manage to be the worst team for 2 years i’d rather have Drake Maye but i think both are pretty much can’t miss franchise QB’s. Who do they take with the 1st pick? Marvin Jr and hope you don’t win too much next year and get Maye?

it was all during the last drive in garbage time. Kind of like today. The Giants as a whole were an embarrassment today.

The TD last week was on the 2nd play of the 4th qtr and there were 4 more giants drives after that.

That sucks especially with Caleb Williams coming out. If they can somehow manage to be the worst team for 2 years i’d rather have Drake Maye but i think both are pretty much can’t miss franchise QB’s. Who do they take with the 1st pick? Marvin Jr and hope you don’t win too much next year and get Maye?

Draft a QB, either Maye of Williams (unless they somehow win games and then get the LSU dude) and deal with Jones on the roster next season. Season after that I think the cap hit is 19 mil.

Draft a QB, either Maye of Williams (unless they somehow win games and then get the LSU dude) and deal with Jones on the roster next season. Season after that I think the cap hit is 19 mil.
You would want Nabers over Marv Jr? Both are can’t miss future all-pro’s but i think Marv Jr might have the higher ceiling.

I want Drake Maye to QB the Giants.

I think they should keep Jones and draft one of the two stud OT. That’s the root of the Giants issues.

I want Drake Maye to QB the Giants.
That’s who i would want. I would take Marv Jr ahead of Nabers. He’s quite a bit bigger and he’s been even more productive with a worse QB (At least this year). Either are future stars but Drake Maye to Marvin Jr for the next decade + would be amazing.

I think they should keep Jones and draft one of the two stud OT. That’s the root of the Giants issues.

I think Jones at least has the yips if not just cannot do it at all. Also, he's always injured, for whatever reason. Time to move on from Gettleman reach picks.

Earned another start.

That’s the answer of a man who was told by another man that they are in tank mode. Listen, Tommy is in a nightmare situation for a QB with his skill set. He throws a dang nice ball, but needs time to throw. He needs to be behind an above average line and he could be serviceable in the NFL. But this situation is Syracuse all over again. For example If you put in a josh dobbs into that game they still lose but with the big body and mobility of an elusive QB they would have a better chance and maybe another 7-10 pts I bet. Doesn’t matter who started that game for the giants they’re not coming close with that OL. They’re in tank mode and Devito will be the captain. Honestly though, that’s an amazing feat. Truly never imagined what I saw a cuse that he would be starting multiple nfl games in his rookie year (regardless of the injuries that prompted this)