Tonight's broadcast team... | Syracusefan.com

Tonight's broadcast team...

To bad Eric wasn't still around . . . . . . . I'm sure he could of warned us ahead of time that the game would be moved to the duece since he can smell them.

I like Doris well enough, although many don't. She knows what she's talking about when she keeps to the bball IMO.

She does fine. At least she doesn't go OT as much as Dickie V.

Doris is ok. I don't particularly like Saunders as a play by play guy for hoops. He just always strikes me as someone who just isn't quite up on what's going on, and basketball seems to clearly be his second (at best) sport.

I'd have loved the McDonough/Bilas/Raftery trio.

Stop playing cupcakes at home all December and we'll get better announcers.. but still surprised 900 wins is quite an accomplishment and we get ESPN's 'D' team..

Doris is ok. I don't particularly like Saunders as a play by play guy for hoops. He just always strikes me as someone who just isn't quite up on what's going on, and basketball seems to clearly be his second (at best) sport.

I'd have loved the McDonough/Bilas/Raftery trio.

Agreed, Doris does well and doesn't really grate on me like many. Saunders is OK but I do get the impression that basketball isn't all that interesting to him.

McD/Raft/Bilas are the best.

If there was one person I DO NOT want is dUKie V. Have you seen him lately...looks like all the face work he has had done is giving out!! Plus he is by far the most annoying announcer out there. His schtik worked like 20-25 years ago, but now it's old and annoying.

Stop playing cupcakes at home all December and we'll get better announcers.. but still surprised 900 wins is quite an accomplishment and we get ESPN's 'D' team..

You need FullCourt buddy. Watch that and you will get a true taste of ESPN D teams.

If there was one person I DO NOT want is dUKie V. Have you seen him lately...looks like all the face work he has had done is giving out!! Plus he is by far the most annoying announcer out there. His schtik worked like 20-25 years ago, but now it's old and annoying.
Ironically if you go back and watch clips of his broadcasts from 25 years ago, he was 50x better as an analyst. He actually talked about the game and attempted to break down what was happening now and then. And then he was stricken with Al Pacino disease, and became a caricature of himself and went with that one and only schtick over and over.

You need FullCourt buddy. Watch that and you will get a true taste of ESPN D teams.

Watch the SWAC and MEAC games like I do and you get the full appreciation for D broadcast teams.

Ironically if you go back and watch clips of his broadcasts from 25 years ago, he was 50x better as an analyst. He actually talked about the game and attempted to break down what was happening now and then. And then he was stricken with Al Pacino disease, and became a caricature of himself and went with that one and only schtick over and over.

I agree...All the attention his schtick got went to his head and he started acting that role rather than actually doing his job as an analyst.

My wife says it best whenever she's in a room and Vitale is doing a game "what the hell is he talking about?" Even the casual viewer notices.

Have noticed today that ESPN has been increasing their push throughout the day for tonight's game...

I would love to have Hubie Brown do a SU game and dissect what SU does. He is the best IMO.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
Hubie is great. It's so refreshing to get people who actually understand the game 10x better than even the most knowledgeable fans dissecting what's going on. Knight rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but it's also why I love him as an analyst. He just knows the game so freaking well, you feel like you're learning things every game he does.

Of course with Knight it doesn't hurt that he clearly respects the hell out of Jimmy and always has great things to say about SU.

I still like Raftery, Bilas and McDonough as the First team. I find Doris to be very good, but I don't think of her as being on the first team.

For this game however, I would have liked Dukie V. only because its really more about JB and his achievement than SU vs. Detroit. No one is capable of leading a love fest quite like Dukie V.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom