Tony and Mike going to discuss SU on PTI. | Syracusefan.com

Tony and Mike going to discuss SU on PTI.

Deano

All American
I would say in the next 3-5 minutes. It's the 4th topic.

I would say in the next 3-5 minutes. It's the 4th topic.

Summed up...we don't know anything so we're not saying anything.

Maybe that's the position your employers should've taken. Unbelievable.

Kornheiser: We have allegations and on-camera interviews, but we don't have grand jury testimony, so caution is the way to go.

Wilbon: We don't know what Davis' motives are, so people are wrong to jump to conclusions.

Kornheiser: Unlike Paterno who kept quiet, Boeheim stood by his guy. If this goes bad, it could be a mortal wound for JB.

They definitely took the "let's wait and see, we don't have enough evidence" road.

At least some people at ESPN (basically those not associated with Schwarz) are seeing this story has some holes in it.

They sure changed the tone ... its such a tough topic, even if there's only 1% chance of Bernie being guilty, no one can risk taking Bernie's side. I wish they would have critisized OTL more but they are probably handcuffed there anyway.

Transcript for anyone who may have missed it:

Mike: We don't know what to make of this next story so we'll proceed very cautiously. Syracuse Assistant Coach Bernie Fine and Head Coach Jim Boeheim have both shot down the allegation of former ball boy Bobby Davis that Fine sexually molested him over a period of more than 15 years. Fine called the allegation this afternoon "patently false." Boeheim said Davis is "lying." Tony, what in the world are we supposed to think of this?

Tony: Well, at the moment we don't have much. We have allegations and on-camera interviews. We don't have what we have at Penn State, which is Grand Jury testimony and indictments and charges and arrests. We don't have anything like that, so, I think caution is probably the way to go in this particular case, don't you?

Mike: Yeah, there's so many different circumstances. I mean, right now, people are whipped up into a frenzy, understandably so over just the notion of sexual abuse of children. And they should be. But, there's so much we don't know. We don't know about other motives. We don't know about other accusations if not allegations, about the motives perhaps of Mr. Davis. There's so many things we don't know, Tony, you can't draw conclusions and people are wrong to jump to them.

Tony: In the Penn State circumstance with Mike McQueary, we have someone who is sort of a third party eye witness to something. We don't have any of that so far in this. But we do have, unlike Joe Paterno who said "I'd love to talk boys, but I can't right now." Jim Boeheim came out and said he stood by Bernie Fine utterly and completely. Now if it turns out that something bad went on here, and Jim Boeheim knew or is completely wrong, that is a mortal wound to him as a coach.

Mike (almost interrupting): But we're not anywhere near that.

Tony: Not anywhere near that.

It seemed like they didn't really even want to touch it yet, but had to since it's big news—big news created by the network they're on.

Somebody needs to have a sit-down with that little Schwartz (say that 3x fast), & remind him what journalistic integrity is all about.
His reporting on this story is incredibly one-sided. He's drunk the kool-aid & lets hope Bernie gets cleared, so he can do a Jonestown!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom