Top 25 | Syracusefan.com

Top 25

really if people are paying attention we have played our way back into that discussion , teams ahead of us with 6-7 losses now have 2-4 more losses in the last month, if texas at 16-9 gets votes and we dont then that shows how little people are watching anything thats going on

None. We need a marquee win to break into top 25. Otherwise, the voters just keep recycling the teams that are already there

None. We need a marquee win to break into top 25. Otherwise, the voters just keep recycling the teams that are already there

Your buddy jb said we have 4 or 5 wins against top 30 teams.

We will get some votes. However we aren't a top 25 team without going 2-0 this week.

If voters look at our resume we will get some votes.

We will not get into the top 25, but we are certainly going to get some votes. Teams at the bottom of the top 25, and the next 3 all lost this week.

#15, #22, #23 lost twice
#18, #20, #21, #25, #26, #27, #28 lost

There was really only 28 teams that got votes of substance last week. And with almost everybody losing between #20 and #28, new votes are going to be awarded to teams that didn't really have any last week. We are going to get some of them.

upload_2016-2-14_22-37-40.png

upload_2016-2-14_22-38-15.png

Last edited:
We're a total mystery team to the voters. After the Bahamas, we looked like a top 10 team. Then we lost to St Johns which is 0-13 in the Big East. At the same time we went 4-5 when our coach was suspended. After he came back, we've won a bunch of games (some at the buzzer) against some non-elite ACC teams. Who knows what we really are in the eyes of the voters..

Last edited:
We're a total mystery team to the voters. After the Bahamas, we looked like a top 10 team. Then we lost to St Johns which is 0-13 in the Big East. At the same time we went 4-5 when our coach was suspended. After he came back, we've won a bunch of games (some at the buzzer) against some non-elite ACC teams. Who knows what we really are in the eyes of the voters.

I would say most teams after #20 are a mystery team with many warts already -- just like us. Just off the top of my head -- Wichita St, Providence, Texas AM, Duke have been all over the place this year with ups and downs.

My guess is around 30.

Not that it means much either way. Something interesting to speculate on.

SU has won 4 in a row and 8 out of 10 games.
With wins over @Duke, ND, FSU that is good.
OOC wins over Texas A&M, UConn, St. Bonaventure

That is a top 25 resume. We will be in receiving votes this week.

My guess would be few if any but as said several times above "it really doesn't matter this year". All the team needs to do is focus on the next game and take care of business. Pretty much this is the sermon JB has been preaching for the last several weeks and it seems to working for us. Take the next 5 games one at a time.

To be honest I don't even care about being ranked, its all about getting better, but we will probably get some votes, beat Lville and Pitt and we will be in the top 20.

The bracket matrix has really made the top 25 poll irrelevant. It's just the the media hasn't really picked up on it yet.

They can have their top 25, I just want to see us sitting on some 7 seed lines this week.

It really dosent matter at all, except for my own convenience when using scoreboard apps/websites and I have to change to the dreaded "all conferences".

But really the ranks mean so little especially this time of the year. Personally im now looking at getting into that top half of the bracket, which is a nice place to be after being in legit danger of missing the postseason all together at 0-4. Keep winning and trending upwards, have yourself as a virtual lock entering the acc tourney with a projected seed in the top half of bracket, and hopefully see where a nice tourney run in a conf with plenty of big name scalps to be had can take you.

Win Wednesday and Saturday and we will be 20-8 10-5 and ranked in the teens. We be on a 7 game win streak and 10-2 in the last 12 with losses being to UNC and UVA and wins @ Duke, @ Lville, FSU, Pitt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom