Top 40 class in 2020? | Syracusefan.com

Top 40 class in 2020?

Nick44

All Conference
That should be the goal. Especially if we can get at least 8 wins next year.

Let’s hope so. This class looks pretty good, but it’s still rated second to last in the ACC.

Add four more kids and it's top 50. This is where numbers come into play

Yep look at the Crystal Ball site rankings. Duke is 8th in the ACC and we are 13th. Why? They have 21 commits: 1 four star and the rest are 3 star. We have 17 commits(Jordan is excluded remember): 1 four star and the rest 3 star. North Carolina has an extra 4 star kid over us and they are 6th. This class is solid and by Feb we will have 3-4 more kids added.

Yep look at the Crystal Ball site rankings. Duke is 8th in the ACC and we are 13th. Why? They have 21 commits: 1 four star and the rest are 3 star. We have 17 commits(Jordan is excluded remember): 1 four star and the rest 3 star. North Carolina has an extra 4 star kid over us and they are 6th. This class is solid and by Feb we will have 3-4 more kids added.

Plus we have two 4 star transfers becoming eligible, as well. We are having a significant influx of talent right now, and boy is it at the right time. When was the last time we add FOUR four-star players who aren't kickers and special teams guys? I mean, 2 LBs, a RB and a WR. We are really building a deep quality team.

I want the ideal guys for our O and D systems. If that means high ranked guys, great. If not, I trust Dino will find the guys to make this machine him.

Agree with you Oz and what is also important is filling the needs and replacing the positions of the guys who graduate along with a top notch QB.

Recruiting class rankings are almost useless. Certain guys fit systems better than other guys. Some guys really develop and blossom at the colllege level where some high star guys flounder and aren’t what they were billed. Dino has a track record of hitting it with most recruits.

In Dino we trust!!

I'm with the trust Dino posters. I do think a top 40 class will be within reach next year though.

We were great basically because 4 years ago we got a player that made us great. Yeah getting surrounded by three star players is helpful but what would our record be without Dunghy. We were in every single game he played . Without him Notre Dame crushed us i

We were great basically because 4 years ago we got a player that made us great. Yeah getting surrounded by three star players is helpful but what would our record be without Dunghy. We were in every single game he played . Without him Notre Dame crushed us i
Yes, Eric Dungey's development raised the impact of his class and everyone around him.
Still, when Dungey came on board we were getting mostly classes of two and three star players. Now our base is three stars, with a few four stars thrown in. In that big-picture view stars do matter.

I would be surprised if we don't have a top 40 class next year. It will be a larger class and with the momentum we are building, I expect the profile of the recruits will increase. Also, there are a number of blue chip legacy recruits available over the next couple of years and it seems we are peaking at the right time to be a major player for those kids.

Other than the 5th year seniors the kids on the field will be Dino's guys and depending on the results we can actually now see how GOOD his recruiting has been, that is not based on some goofball meathead's or stat nerds ranking system. I am confident Dino has been recruiting well but even more confident in the job he's done at developing the kids he recruits. Top 10,20, 40 recruiting classes doesn't mean a GD thing without the system in place to develop these guys.

This class could be his best yet, maybe not but nobody will really know for 3 years. I think next year could be top 40 class but I don't think Syracuse will ever have a top 25 class given current landscape, maybe with more facility upgrades but not now.

Other than the 5th year seniors the kids on the field will be Dino's guys and depending on the results we can actually now see how GOOD his recruiting has been, that is not based on some goofball meathead's or stat nerds ranking system. I am confident Dino has been recruiting well but even more confident in the job he's done at developing the kids he recruits. Top 10,20, 40 recruiting classes doesn't mean a GD thing without the system in place to develop these guys.

This class could be his best yet, maybe not but nobody will really know for 3 years. I think next year could be top 40 class but I don't think Syracuse will ever have a top 25 class given current landscape, maybe with more facility upgrades but not now.

First step to having a Top 25 class is having a Top 25 team.

It doesn't always correlate, but often seems to. Need to have your school's name on the radar and then boom.

Anyone know what was our highest ranked class ever was? Have we ever brought in a class inside the Top 20?

Anyone know what was our highest ranked class ever was? Have we ever brought in a class inside the Top 20?

Dunno about part 1, but given that we've only had 13 guys who were "better" than any of Dino's best so far, and they were spread over 1.5 decades, I'd imagine we've never been Top 20.

(IF there were recruiting rankings back in the late 80's & 90's, then yes - we had some killer classes back then, highly likely some would have been Top 20)

Dunno about part 1, but given that we've only had 13 guys who were "better" than any of Dino's best so far, and they were spread over 1.5 decades, I'd imagine we've never been Top 20.

(IF there were recruiting rankings back in the late 80's & 90's, then yes - we had some killer classes back then, highly likely some would have been Top 20)

There were rankings.You had to subscribe to print outlets pre-internet,but they were out there.

The highest I've ever seen was #13 in PP's 3rd or 4th class.He had nice classes his first 2 years then it really took off after back to back 10-2s. Those next 4 classes were all highly ranked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom