Top Chef - season 21 | Syracusefan.com

Top Chef - season 21

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Warning, there will be spoilers in this thread. Read at your own peril.

Kristin off to a great start replacing Padma. Her personality is coming through better than expected.

Interesting twist with Last Chance Kitchen (LCK). Feels like we will hear about that first eliminated chef bailing.

Wisconsin is an interesting choice.

ok so i held off watching the new season until they had a few episodes on the plate.
first off i'll miss padma . i honestly thought tom would be the one to bail this season . seemed totally disengaged last year and other than LCK just seemed to mail it in. Kristen Kush is a fine replacement. let's face it padma was a super hot babe with a cookbook but kristen k is an actual top chef. just wish they had weighed the kush preseason to see if she actually swallows any of the 16 plates she supposedly sampled and judged. the girl could slide thru my mail slot . i don't think you've actually tasted a dish unless it went down your throat. the lovely gail simmons said after judges table episode 1 " i'm about to burst out of my dress. " i wish ! the lovely canadien gail i believe is not a chef per se but a food writer with an excellent palate and an appreciation of presentation and technique. and god bless her she swallows !
watched episodes 1-3. so glad cowboy went home first. he just seemed obnoxious from the start and if you're wondering why he bailed...check out the CORNA hand sign he flashed on his way out . seemed to astonish all the judges esp KK. the miller challenge and the inevitable wisconsin cheese throw down were predictable. i see nobody really separating themselves so far.
what i DO HATE HATE HATE this season is no immunity for QUICKFIRE, immunity for an elimination win is so stoopid. you have to wait until the next show ? cash for QUICKFIRE means basically nothing to cook for the first 10 minutes. you could see in the past seasons how bummed the chefs became once immunity was off the table in the last few QF challenges. really really dumb idea. and i'll miss you padma my saffron sweety.

Last edited: