Top ten recruits | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Top ten recruits

So I have mostly stayed out the Bazely threads, has anyone else stolen this spinzone take; that at least this gives you a pretty good indication we weren't paying the guy to come here?

I think it's fair to assume that, and that's of course what I choose to see through my orange-colored glasses. But regardless, I highly doubt Bazley ditched us at the alter to go off and make a measly $26k. There had to have been some additional $$$ involved from an agent or something, plus I'm sure he also got sold on the possibility of snagging endorsement deals straight out of high school.

I think it's fair to assume that, and that's of course what I choose to see through my orange-colored glasses. But regardless, I highly doubt Bazley ditched us at the alter to go off and make a measly $26k. There had to have been some additional $$$ involved from an agent or something, plus I'm sure he also got sold on the possibility of snagging endorsement deals straight out of high school.

Yeah but I just want to make a stupid joke.

You're right, I'm sure he can sign with an agency and they're fronting him some money.

Yeah me too. I also look at the fact the NCAA just recently spent ten years trying to find any tiny thing wrong with our program and couldn’t find much more than a paper, and some volunteer money at the Y.

What all American type have we brought in?

Malachi Richardson was a McDonald's AA and Jordan Brand AA
Chris McCullough was a Jordan Brand AA.
Jalen Carey is a Jordan Brand AA.
Despite reneging on his NLI, Darius Bazley is a McDonald's AA and Jordan Brand AA.

If you count the regional game, Syracuse has had a number of players in that contest. It was so stacked the year Howard and Lydon were in it, that it could have easily been a second national game.

Boeheim supposedly watches college ball for than anyone. Admittedly 24/7 he said recently. It seems like every presser he’s saying about the opposition that, “They’re a very good offensive team,” or “They’re a tremendous offensive team.” He is watching the F4 now. Do you think he is like gee I wish we could do that? Why can’t we do do that? How are they doing that. That’s a great set. How can I be doing that? Those sorts of questions or is he just in a fog doing interviews or whatever. The offense must get better or else nobody will come here. I mean it’s freaking ludicrous when earlier in the season he said that they (paraphrasing) don’t move the ball and get assists or pass. They drive the ball. What happens when secondary help comes duh?!
We have a staff of coaches. I hope they watched the Villanova execution and 'got inspired.' Every one of our alums on the bench ought to be bringing something to JB/practice. I hope they are given opportunities to have their individual voices heard.

odds we land another one in the next 5 years?
What's dismaying is not just not signing them, but not being on too many of their lists anymore. Over the years, it seems like we are included less and less by the elite. Which makes sense, given our 'reputation' for style of play as that has changed.

We have a staff of coaches. I hope they watched the Villanova execution and 'got inspired.' Every one of our alums on the bench ought to be bringing something to JB/practice. I hope they are given opportunities to have their individual voices heard.

I was encouraged by his meeting with Popovich.

Yea, I hope they get our top 7 guys to make 3’s.

I hear ya. Seems like most of those Nova guys aren’t ‘zone fits’ though. The stout guard types who do everything well. Swider can play anywhere, we turned our noses at Brunson, and not sure how hard they recruited DiVincenzo or Spellman.

I only hope they get our top 7 guys in positions to take better shots.
That kid Paschall was a 3-star, committed to Fordham. Somehow, now he looks like Draymond Green.

Right because that’s all they do. They all handle the ball well too and don’t have the beanpoles we do. The passing/driving ability from most of their players is a sight for sore eyes. They don’t just launch or chuck and they work the other side of the floor constantly.

Right because that’s all they do. They all handle the ball well too and don’t have the beanpoles we do. The passing/driving ability from most of their players is a sight for sore eyes. They don’t just launch or chuck and they work the other side of the floor constantly.
They pass like San Antonio did a few years ago, and like Golden State now. Pretty ball, despite them not having elite, 'pretty' athletes.

They pass like San Antonio did a few years ago, and like Golden State now. Pretty ball, despite them not having elite, 'pretty' athletes.

It’s impressive. Good enough athletes and physical guards. I mean Kansas and whomever could not keep those guys in front of them off the bounce.

You must really like amateurism because high school basketball is awful to watch.

Depends on what high school basketball you watch. DeMatha vs Gonzaga in the Washington Area Catholic Conference is as interesting as you’ll see.

Malachi Richardson was a McDonald's AA and Jordan Brand AA
Chris McCullough was a Jordan Brand AA.
Jalen Carey is a Jordan Brand AA.
Despite reneging on his NLI, Darius Bazley is a McDonald's AA and Jordan Brand AA.

If you count the regional game, Syracuse has had a number of players in that contest. It was so stacked the year Howard and Lydon were in it, that it could have easily been a second national game.

I thought you meant actual NCAA all Americans.

Depends on what high school basketball you watch. DeMatha vs Gonzaga in the Washington Area Catholic Conference is as interesting as you’ll see.

DC and NYC are anomalies. High school basketball across the country is brutal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom