Top Ten Trick Plays of College Football | Syracusefan.com

Top Ten Trick Plays of College Football

WickedOrange

2nd String
My initial thought before clicking this video... Syracuse, please don't be on the receiving end of this video. My very next thought... Damn it.

Last edited:
That's what happens when you send the house every play.

Still should have won that game.

McNabb's statue of liberty fake was the best all time fake ive ever seen in my 33 years of watching college football.

We need to do the bounce pass to broyld

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine once said to me that if he was a coach, he'd run a trick play on every play. I told him that they wouldn't be trick plays: they'd be your basic offense that the other team would be prepared for. The teams that run trick plays the best are the team that run basic plays the best and make the opposition prepare for them.

I liked the Ga. Tech fake field goal where one of the men leaving the field never really left the field.

If this doesn't have the Boise St. goalline play against OU, then it fails.

Well, I'll have to find out later because my work is blocking this video for some reason.

I don't know why that jump pass should be such a trick play. I think there should be several players onthe field who are a threat to throw the ball at any time.

I loved the fake FG Michigan St ran against ND. Such a ballsy call, especially in OT.

With respect to the GT fake FG against Clemson, didn't the NCAA recetly adopt a rule about using a confusing substitution to deceive an opponent?

If this doesn't have the Boise St. goalline play against OU, then it fails.

Well, I'll have to find out later because my work is blocking this video for some reason.
i was watching that game..great to see Boise beat them.

i was watching that game..great to see Boise beat them.

Me too, the 2 point conversion play still is one of the greatest trick plays ever. I still have trouble following the ball on it. And I love how Oklahoma fans still contend that BSU had to revert to trick plays to beat them. What they call trick plays, I can out coaching.

Oh, and that Presbyterian play was just awesome. Good No. 1.

The term "trick play" has always bothered me. I know it's kind of goofy but every play fake/misdirection is a trick play to me. I'd just like to see it called something cooler or some kind of smooth sounding acronym. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine!