Torrence the key | Syracusefan.com

Torrence the key

tino

Walk On
Torrence is the key to this team moving forward. His defense and offensive passing , Setting up plays for others is making this team better. If he is in late game for Miami, NC and Virginia. We win ...I hope it's not to late now that finally Boeheim is seeing this

Torrence is the key to this team moving forward. His defense and offensive passing , Setting up plays for others is making this team better. If he is in late game for Miami, NC and Virginia. We win ...I hope it's not to late now that finally Boeheim is seeing this
Yeah, you’re one of the people who should eat Sbarro tonight.

1. Mintz was awesome during crunch time today. And people like you wanted him off the court or playing as a decoy.
2. Torrence was removed at the right time. He was losing his fastball.
3. Girard proved why Mintz should be handling the ball in these situations.

Enjoy your cheap pizza.

1. Mintz was awesome during crunch time today. And people like you wanted him off the court or playing as a decoy.

Enjoy your cheap pizza.
Like I said we win with torrence in with Miami, NC and Virginia, like Boeheim said. He was steady..which .means less mistakes , less turnovers Einstein ...go ear your Beeferoni

Like I said we win with torrence in with Miami, NC and Virginia, like Boeheim said. He was steady..which .means less mistakes , less turnovers Einstein ...go ear your Beeferoni
If you can write a post with less mistakes, I’ll reply.

Symir has a significantly worse turnover rate than Girard and Mintz.

Defense was mentioned, too. There’s nothing to indicate his defense is better than Joe’s or Judah’s.

He is a better/more willing passer than Girard.

Enjoy your cheap pizza.
FRULMrbWUAAvmma.jpg:large

i agree...IF and WHEN Judah is stuggling or shell-shocked...Symir should be in 100%

Symir brings another element that sometimes can be very effective...sometimes he is on...sometimes not, though...have to also see how he is playing as well...

even though some posters have mentioned his turnover rate...he doesnt really make those turnovers that are boneheaded or impactful for the team a la joe and judah...whihc matters (or could)

I think Symir should get more minutes. His A/TO ratio is better, he gets more assists and rebs per minute, he is a far better shooter (but is far more selective), and he seems to be the better defender (but Judah gets a few more steals with his aggressiveness). Maybe most importantly, he is consistently good and the team usually seems to play well when he is in.

Judah is a volume scorer (although somewhat inefficient), and this team needs scoring. He is the future (for one more year I think), and he is young and getting better. So he should be getting the majority of the minutes, but I think JB should sub in Symir more when Judah or the team is not playing well - especially at the end of winnable games.

No. Not at all. Whenever he plays extended minutes the returns go down greatly. He looks OK giving guys a breather and then the mistakes start and add up.

He was a pretty highly rated recruit who has 4 years of NCAA basketball under his belt and should be better. Of course we get flashes here and there but hes not ACC caliber.

What does this team moving forward mean?

Jim subs Torrence at the right times he gives rest to the other 2 which was important during and at the end of the BC game.

I've noticed in the last few weeks that Boeheim must have told Torrence to play faster. It's helped a lot. He's better helping the team in unsettled situations. He also throws a very good entry pass to Jesse. I would like to see him be a bit more aggressive driving the lane, but I'm mostly liking what I see from him lately.

I've noticed in the last few weeks that Boeheim must have told Torrence to play faster. It's helped a lot. He's better helping the team in unsettled situations. He also throws a very good entry pass to Jesse. I would like to see him be a bit more aggressive driving the lane, but I'm mostly liking what I see from him lately.

I think Torrence is a future coach.

Enjoy your cheap pizza.
FTR Sbarro is fine paired with some box wine and a few antacids.

I was at the game at BC. Sat in Section T behind the basket on the BC side. JB made the correct subs in taking Judah out of the game. Judah had two drives in a row (on both he was hacked going up by the way) where he put up a crazy shot from the side. Got benched. Next 2 or three plays after that Symir feeds Jesse that resulted for either a basket or a free throw attempt. When he came back in toward the end, it seems his first play was same as Symir, FEED JESSE THE BALL.

One thing I noticed during warmups is Symir appears to be bowlegged and is wearing more gear on his legs. Could it be that he has knee issues that limit his effectiveness? Just hypothesizing, but I did see the legs during warmups.

Also, as a sidebar, during warmups before the game, before the 1st half and 2nd half was watching Jon Bol Ajak, that guy jacked up about 30 10-12 footers, not a single one went in. The next basket he scores outside of a layup/putback would be trully unexpected. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom