Totally necessary but... | Syracusefan.com

Totally necessary but...

BostonOrange

2nd String
Ditching the big east is not something I take any joy in. I feel for the other schools involved. Uconn and Rutgers will likely be ok, and the hoops onlys can now do what they do best, but some of others - Lville, maybe WVU, are going to be screwed. And lets face it, those two schools saved big east footballs bacon. Would we even have a bcs bid today without them? I know...better them than us...but it still sucks.

Ditching the big east is not something I take any joy in. I feel for the other schools involved. Uconn and Rutgers will likely be ok, and the hoops onlys can now do what they do best, but some of others - Lville, maybe WVU, are going to be screwed. And lets face it, those two schools saved big east footballs bacon. Would we even have a bcs bid today without them? I know...better them than us...but it still sucks.

Eh, if they had the chance, they'd do the same thing. It's survival mode at this point. I don't feel bad about it. I also think WVU and Louisville have a good chance of landing somewhere.

Having said that, if we have one more football season in the Big East, I'm gonna go ahead and skip the Morgantown trip.