toughest tourny loss from 2000 on | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

toughest tourny loss from 2000 on

We got crushed on the glass by a Roy Williams team. Shocking right

Yup. That Kansas team started a couple guys that started against us in the National Championship game two years later as well.

For Those saying Vermont I ask sincerely because I felt like this after: the honeymoon of 03 took the sting out of 04 and 05 for me.

it just didn’t sting like 10, 95, Ohio st for me. It wasn’t optimal to lose to UVM but I had the ring from 03 and was still kinda riding high. Prob loser mentality but how I felt

2003 was nice because it was a surprise.

2005 was our entitlement. Preseason #6 or 7. Warrick et al.'s senior year. They deserved another one. I was dating a girl who had a high school friend who was an Illinois manager. Per this guy, they had their eye on Syracuse, not UNC, all year long.

And then after the annual Edelin rough patch, SU actually improved during the course of February and March - not exactly a common thing. Watkins and Roberts came on strong. And we exorcised the UConn demons and won the Big East. It was all coming together.

The seeding, the suspensions, the floor with the dead spots, and the ridiculous travel calls that had never been called on Warrick piling up (to say nothing of the T on Roberts). It was gut-wrenching to see it all slip away like that. And it was hard not to see it as the end of an era (which it was).

Butler, Marquette, Ohio state, and Michigan all right in a row, all great teams we had, just wore me out.
That was my four years in college lol, nice consolation at the end (hence the profile pic) but still somewhat brutal all things considered.

Nah, don't sell yourself short.

You've likely posted much more depressing sh't than this. :p
LOL...on the OT Board, maybe. Why I left after the election was confirmed.

On this board, I am the eternal optimist, always convinced that, somehow, we'll find a way...

Yeah, I was excited that day, but from the first two times Devendorf and Flynn jogged out to the wing as the long-sleeved Oklahoma guy shot a three, it was obvious that it wasn't going to be a game.

yea that was just a weird game. we came out completely flat. there was no energy in the building, i think it was half empty. it had no feel of a sweet 16 game. i moved on very quickly.

yea that was just a weird game. we came out completely flat. there was no energy in the building, i think it was half empty. it had no feel of a sweet 16 game. i moved on very quickly.

That was the first year I remember the NCAA's pod set-up and funky scheduling really hurting in-person attendance. Not sure if the numbers bear that out. But we were in Miami and then maybe Memphis? Both were dead.

That was my four years in college lol, nice consolation at the end (hence the profile pic) but still somewhat brutal all things considered.
Things must’ve awesome up there! You may have the best winning record of any alum here. Haha

Butler seems to be most picked. It was tough but I never expected to make it all the way through the tournament without AO.

It's Michigan for me. A title game helplessly ripped away. Brutal.

We really lost that one in the first half when we let up on the straight-jacket defense we'd been playing since the tournament began and gave up 35 points. The intensity returned in the second half and we gave up only 26. if we'd done that in both halves, we win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom