Tournament sites, 2019-2022 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tournament sites, 2019-2022

Carrier Dome may still be on list of potential basketball sites but I think odds are about 0% unless NCAA thought process changes. Looking at future sites only Lucas Oil Stadium is a large area hosting a non Final Four and that is because NCAA is based in Indianapolis and throws them some bones.

Minneapolis applied for 2021 Midwest regionals and proposed to have it at US Bank Stadium (site of 2019 Final Four) but was told that Target Center would be venue due to current preference of 18k seat areas.

NCAA's move away from domes for regional finals will not impact Syracuse's Carrier Dome

Sadly Boise and San Diego are the only true on-campus sites that are scheduled to host through 2022.

I’d love to see an entire on-campus tournament.

Here’s my bid... all are in or within reasonable distance to major or medium-sized cities. All first/second round sites have capacity of at least 10,000 and all regional sites have capacity of at least 16,000.

First Four:
Univ of Dayton Arena (Dayton)

First/Second rounds:
Liacouras Center (Temple, Philadelphia)
Petersen Events Center (Pittsburgh)
Breslin Center (Michigan State, East Lansing)
Kohl Center (Wisconsin, Madison)
Hilton Coliseum (Iowa State, Ames)
Frank Erwin Center (Texas, Austin)
Wells Fargo Arena (Arizona State, Tempe)
Pauley Pavilion (UCLA, Los Angeles)

Regionals:
East: Xfinity Center (Maryland, College Park)
South: Dean Smith Center (UNC, Chapel Hill)
Midwest: Allen Fieldhouse (Kansas, Lawrence)
West: Marriott Center (BYU, Provo)

Final Four:
Carrier Dome (Syracuse)

I would also propose suspending the prohibition on host schools playing “home” games - for this proposal only.

Ditch Pittsburgh for Providence, find a way to get Rupp in there (hey, I don't like Kentucky either, but come on), and that'd be a lot of fun. Not practical in this world, but fun.

1986, 1987, 1991, and 1993.

Definitely had the opening rounds - went to each one with at least one of our 3 sons. Watched Cleveland St beat Indiana at the dome in 1986.

Ditch Pittsburgh for Providence, find a way to get Rupp in there (hey, I don't like Kentucky either, but come on), and that'd be a lot of fun. Not practical in this world, but fun.
Neither Providence (Dunkin' Donuts Center) nor Kentucky (Rupp Arena) are on campus.
The whole point is to include strictly on-campus arenas.

Neither Providence (Dunkin' Donuts Center) nor Kentucky (Rupp Arena) are on campus.
The whole point is to include strictly on-campus arenas.

We'll attribute that to a long workday...I think.

Im right there with you, despise Kentucky but would love to see the CUSE play their in the NCAA Tournament...added bonus its a short drive!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom