Transcript... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Transcript...

No inside knowledge here, but you have to wonder if there is something else going on. I believe that Kadary came into the season out of shape? Perhaps he has issues at practice/working out etc... that JB is trying to get out of him, through a lack of PT?

Not saying that is the case, just tossing it out there.
I have speculated on this before: Kadary didn't seem to play a lot of minutes on his High School team, either. I have had a 'condition' i recognized in early elementary school, where i have less stamina than a normal person, and 'training' doesn't increase it on a normal trajectory. I'm guessing here, because i've never even found a diagnosis for myself, but i can see some similarities, and if JB is confirming that Kadary is 'easily winded,' even as an elite recruit/college freshman, well... i dunno—it may be a congenital thing with a conditioning 'ceiling.' In my case, i was a good athlete, and excelled at 'sprint-related' sports (football, baseball), but i couldn't run with endurance. I hope that's not the case with KR.

I have speculated on this before: Kadary didn't seem to play a lot of minutes on his High School team, either. I have had a 'condition' i recognized in early elementary school, where i have less stamina than a normal person, and 'training' doesn't increase it on a normal trajectory. I'm guessing here, because i've never even found a diagnosis for myself, but i can see some similarities, and if JB is confirming that Kadary is 'easily winded,' even as an elite recruit/college freshman, well... i dunno—it may be a congenital thing with a conditioning 'ceiling.' In my case, i was a good athlete, and excelled at 'sprint-related' sports (football, baseball), but i couldn't run with endurance. I hope that's not the case with KR.
Sounds like something Rocco Baldelli went through and ruined an otherwise promising baseball career.

Maybe although I think he tries to separate the role of Coach and Dad as much as possible. Not sure he's not getting an extra serving of potatoes because he took.some bad shots.

A couple years ago, JB said that he tries not to talk about Buddy's basketball too much at home. He said he might make occasional comments, but mostly Julie talks to Buddy after the games when they get home.

If JB's approach about Buddy was pure nepotism, wanting his son to play, Jimmy jr would be at SU and playing.

Did he say where he's going? I must have missed it.

JB never says anything bad about Buddy after a bad game, either makes excuses for him (“he takes good shots”) or just stays completely silent him about him as if we’d forget about his 2-15 shooting nights, though he’s not afraid to jump on other guys. Surprised this is not brought up more. When Buddy finally has a good game though, JBs not shy to brag about it.
If JB ever criticized Buddy he would get the business from Juli. Let's all realize this.

Sounds like something Rocco Baldelli went through and ruined an otherwise promising baseball career.
I just read his story to refresh my memory about his issues. Doesn't seem to describe the same problems i have. With me, i first noticed it in grade school with the Presidential Fitness standards, where you have to run 600 yards. While i was one of the two fastest kids in sprints, with just those 600 yards, i finished at the rear, and ran them with 'the fat kid.' That was the first time i had something to compare with, endurance-related. Prior to that, half-court basketball at the park wasn't a problem. Football was fine. Baseball, no problem. But, i did play Goalie in soccer, to avoid the constant running. Later, i played youth football, and was the tailback. I was an all star short stop. But, with basketball, after one or two times down a court, i was gassed, and any skills i might have had were diminished from the fatigue.

As an adult, i dabble with tennis, and it's the same story. If hitting with a machine, i can go at a slower pace. But, as i get tired more quickly than a normal person, the skills fade and so i feel i don't improve as quickly as i should. Fewer repetitions, and less concentration because the tiredness steals from form.

When i go out to shoot hoops, just working on shooting with my 13 year old nephew, after the same five minutes, i'm panting, and he's not breathing hard at all. I keep going, though, but i know that when i'm fatigued, i'm not as focused on all the form/execution-related stuff.

Thought maybe it was a form of exercise-related asthma, but the doctor who tested me said i don't really have the symptoms of asthma, and when we tested use of an inhaler anyway, it didn't work as he prescribed it. My mother, though, around the same time, said she also has always had stamina issues, and got an inhaler, which did have a benefit. But, she was told to use it every day, while i was told to use it an hour before exercise. So, maybe i will try again, with that strategy.

There's also another thing i've only recently found out about... People—like me—get winded just from bending/being in a crouched position. It's bizarre... If i just make my bed, for example, i'll be breathing hard. Something to do with compressing the diaphragm? I forgot already...

If Kadary does have some of these issues, i hope the staff exhausts all manner of research and diagnosis to figure it out, and not just declare him 'poorly conditioned' and not a hard worker or somesuch. Hopefully, there's a fix so it doesn't compromise his career.

Meant his older son. Thought that jr.

Yes, me too. Did his Cornell son in the portal pick his new school yet? I don't recall hearing his decision, and frankly am worried that he comes to SU for a year to play with Buddy for dad. We'd be lucky to win 5 games if that happens.

Maybe KR really does have some conditioning concerns, but were they not an issue when he was playing 30+ throughout December? What about Saturday, didn’t seem to be fazed then? Seems odd that his conditioning became an issue when Buddy came back.

Maybe KR really does have some conditioning concerns, but were they not an issue when he was playing 30+ throughout December? What about Saturday, didn’t seem to be fazed then? Seems odd that his conditioning became an issue when Buddy came back.
I'm only commenting on JB's comments about his conditioning. I'm not saying whether he looks 'winded' or not. I thought it was odd for the head coach to say a player 'under his control' was not conditioned well enough to play more minutes (per JB), so i offered some speculation on why that might be... but i think i also had the same thoughts when it seemed like he wasn't in the game, when i would expect him to be, in high school games. I don't know—just guesswork on my part.

If it's true that JB only contrived that rationalization in coincidence with Buddy's return, well then... i have no speech.

I'm only commenting on JB's comments about his conditioning. I'm not saying whether he looks 'winded' or not. I thought it was odd for the head coach to say a player 'under his control' was not conditioned well enough to play more minutes (per JB), so i offered some speculation on why that might be... but i think i also had the same thoughts when it seemed like he wasn't in the game, when i would expect him to be, in high school games. I don't know—just guesswork on my part.

If it's true that JB only contrived that rationalization in coincidence with Buddy's return, well then... i have no speech.

Yeah I hear you, was just throwing some sarcastic rhetoricals out into the atmosphere. I think JB is mostly full of it when it comes to KR. I just don’t get how he had no issues playing 30+ early in the year but JB’s been talking about conditioning problems all season limiting him.

I know people who have this...

Pectus excavatum (sunken chest)

Does pectus excavatum affect stamina?

Conclusions: As a group, boys with pectus excavatum deformity have lower endurance fitness than controls, and this is associated with reduced cardiac output and tidal volume responses to exercise.

What are the symptoms of pectus excavatum?​

Due to the pectus, patients may have less space in the chest, which can limit heart and lung function. The symptoms can be both physical and psychological. Physical symptoms can include:

• Shortness of breath with exercise.
  • Decreased stamina compared to peers.
  • Fatigue.
  • Chest pain.
  • Irregular heartbeat.

If JB's approach about Buddy was pure nepotism, wanting his son to play, Jimmy jr would be at SU and playing.
Or he doesn't want to play for his dad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom