Transcript... | Syracusefan.com

Transcript...

UD1954

Scout Team
Boehiem talks about how Kadary needs to learn how he can score and how Alan and Q had bad games....not one word about Buddy who also played like ... Buddy's not even a good three point shooter let alone a great shooter as some portray him to be.

JB never says anything bad about Buddy after a bad game, either makes excuses for him (“he takes good shots”) or just stays completely silent him about him as if we’d forget about his 2-15 shooting nights, though he’s not afraid to jump on other guys. Surprised this is not brought up more. When Buddy finally has a good game though, JBs not shy to brag about it.

Media needs to hold him accountable and ask about it every game.

Your prodigal son is averaging more shot attempts than all but 6 players in the ACC. Of those top 16 FGA players, his FG% is 3 full percentage points lower than the next guy and is the only one below 40%.

Do those numbers suggest to you he deserves carte blanche?

I do like Buddy.

But it does appear him coming here was a mistake;

1. JB plays him way more than is warranted.
2. The favoritism is clear. Buddy has had some awful turnovers lately and he never gets an earful. In post game pressers, JB never gets on him but has gotten on everyone else (except Marek).

I can’t imagine that sits well in the locker room. Even if everyone likes Buddy ... it’s not something that they can overlook

Apparently:
Buddy will continue to play max minutes, regardless.
JB will continue to ignore/rationalize Buddy's stats and related coaching decisions.
JB has dug in his heels. Just because he's stubborn and he can.

Have fun coaching your son, JB.
As you add to this final chapter of your amazing legacy and the program you built, I hope it doesn't end up overshadowing the great accomplishments that preceded it.

It seems like we are loaded with a bunch of secondary scorers and no alphas. With regard to Kadary, he scores by spreading it out and breaking down his man. When he dishes to Marek at the top of the key, he turns into a spectator on offense. He is the point guard, the offense needs to run through him.

I do wonder if JB is tougher on Buddy when they are alone than he is in public. I think he would have to be.
One Senator said the ex-President would from his mistakes ... if you think Boehiem is practicing tough love behind closed doors you have the same mindset as the Senator..

One Senator said the ex-President would from his mistakes ... if you think Boehiem is practicing tough love behind closed doors you have the same mindset as the Senator..
That isn't what I said. I said he would have to be tougher in individual settings than he is in public ones.

JB never says anything bad about Buddy after a bad game, either makes excuses for him (“he takes good shots”) or just stays completely silent him about him as if we’d forget about his 2-15 shooting nights, though he’s not afraid to jump on other guys. Surprised this is not brought up more. When Buddy finally has a good game though, JBs not shy to brag about it.

Maybe since Buddy is his son he gives him crap and criticism behind closed doors.. so he doesn’t feel the need to get the message to him in these pressers ?? Something he can’t do with the other kids ?

No inside knowledge here, but you have to wonder if there is something else going on. I believe that Kadary came into the season out of shape? Perhaps he has issues at practice/working out etc... that JB is trying to get out of him, through a lack of PT?

Not saying that is the case, just tossing it out there.

Kadary made several great steals on defense yesterday, but he is still a liability on offense. He couldn’t beat their guards and never got in the lane. Kadary plays a a funny pace. He doesn’t real try to speed things up. He plays at a pedestrian pace.

That isn't what I said. I said he would have to be tougher in individual settings than he is in public ones.
Well ...Boehiem sure doesn't seem to have a problem going public with other players when not playing well...it's hard playing for your dad and harder for your dad to coach. l can't ever remember Boehiem talking about having to outscore teams to win... in the past its always been about defense ...his mindset has changed because of Buddy.

Well ...Boehiem sure doesn't seem to have a problem going public with other players when not playing well...it's hard playing for your dad and harder for you dad to coach. l can't ever remember Boehiem talking about having to outscore teams to win... in the past its always been about defense ...his mindset has changed because of Buddy.
Don't mistake that I disagree with any of that. I am just saying he has to be tougher on Buddy in private than he is in public. It would be almost impossible for him not to be.

I do wonder if JB is tougher on Buddy when they are alone than he is in public. I think he would have to be.

Yeah, I would think so. I'm pretty hard on my son after his hockey games. Nothing out of control that makes him hate the sport, but just pushing him because I know he can be better.

I imagine JB has always been the same way.

The problem is that this is all so public now, it just starts looking strange when so many players get called out, but the one taking so many shots and making so few is immune from criticism at a press conference.

Yeah, I would think so. I'm pretty hard on my son after his hockey games. Nothing out of control that makes him hate the sport, but just pushing him because I know he can be better.

I imagine JB has always been the same way.

The problem is that this is all so public now, it just starts looking strange when so many players get called out, but the one taking so many shots and making so few is immune from criticism at a press conference.
I agree with you.

I agree with you.

b9d70fce1898b0c0c5f53ea9c6054c88.jpg

I wonder if it’s about JB’s obsession with loyalty. JB is all about loyalty and there’s no one he’d be more loyal to than his own son. So he thinks if he says anything bad or overly harsh about Buddy publicly, it’s disloyal. He didn’t think hard enough about all of the implications of Buddy playing for Syracuse before he decided to recruit him. I think he figured we’d be a good team in Buddy’s four years here and he wouldn’t need to criticize him much. I don’t even care at this point. It’s the least of our problems.

Since 1992-93, non-seniors with more than 175 FGA and less than 37.5 FG% ranked by FGA per game:

View attachment 196170

OOOOF. Man, that's some prolific brick-tastic chucking on that chart.

"worst" part for Buddy is - he averages barely more than 1 FT attempt per/game.
He's 15/17, which is an excellent %, but that he's only taken 17 FT's in 13 games is... not great.

Maybe although I think he tries to separate the role of Coach and Dad as much as possible. Not sure he's not getting an extra serving of potatoes because he took.some bad shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom